dr watson is NOT a virus

2ndhand

this woman here at work.

i fixed her pc for her (got rid of all viri and spyware) and put sp2 on etc.

anyway she just said to me that someone had told her that dr watson 32 (drwtsn32.exe) was a VIRUS

so she promptly found the file and set it to the recycle bin. then emptied the bin.

can someone post up drwtsn32.exe (zip it ?) from XP please? we only have win2000 here. its probably the same one but i just want to be sure.

she says now internet explorer doesnt work, and fears the 2 are related . . . .

I remember a while back there was a similar hoax floating around, something about a Windows file with a teddybear icon, which was supposedly a virus. People were deleting it and not stopping to check if it really was a virus (which it wasn't - it was a Windows system file)

yeah, that teddy bear hoax was grief

it was like a 'manual virus' where the user deletes his own files and forwards it to everyone in his address book!!! aaargghhhh - dick!

made plenty of people feel like idiots, and rightly so

LOL

i think i got one of those emails when i was like 16... so i thought i'd do my parents a favour and delete it... then the problems started lol

I remember a while back there was a similar hoax floating around, something about a Windows file with a teddybear icon, which was supposedly a virus. People were deleting it and not stopping to check if it really was a virus (which it wasn't - it was a Windows system file)

Yeah I remember that, coz I fell for it! Doh! I think it was just a file that u need if u program Java.

yeah, that teddy bear hoax was grief

it was like a 'manual virus' where the user deletes his own files and forwards it to everyone in his address book!!! aaargghhhh - dick!

made plenty of people feel like idiots, and rightly so

LOL

i think i got one of those emails when i was like 16... so i thought i'd do my parents a favour and delete it... then the problems started lol

ditto!

the "teddy bear" file is needed for running java stuff. in IE. when its deleted, windows doesnt work properly. this hoax came out around the time when the anti-microsoft people were really going at it.

the lady here at work didnt ever bring her pc in for me to replace that drwtsn32.exe file.