PSP 2.71 mod? help?

Vet

i'm mostly ripping my ps1 games now the psps

ps1 emulator is cracked

playin vandal hearts 2 at the mo

Seen, I must admit that I've long thought the PSX-emu scene would change the PSP. How does this stack up against storage memory limitations though? Take FFVIII for instance, I wouldn't mind bashing that again since I only finished it once, but that's about 2.8GB of game which is pretty prohibitive...

Liam, you can get flash memory up to 8gb now so anything is really possible if you want...I always liked nintendo too but the capabilities of a modded PSP are just too good to pass up for $170CDN

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight by the sound of that he hasnt modded your psp at all

all hes done is install devhook and hen which you could have done yourself with

that link i posted

go to system settings and see if it still says your on fw 2.71

if you are you can use dark alexs downgrader and get a true 1.50

then update to what you want (3.2oe is still my reccomendation)

let me know your firmware and i'll send the link to the downgrader

liam..the ff isos are 600meg odd each and even on the ps1 you saved before swapping discs, its the same on psp have up to 2-3 discs on a 2gig memcard and baddabing

im playin resi 3 nemesis at the mo the conversion from ps1 to psp/pop takes 5 mins :)

im playin resi 3 nemesis at the mo the conversion from ps1 to psp/pop takes 5 mins :)

Nice one! Res Ev 3 is the only one I've not sessioned heavy, I've played every other res ev to death. I'll admit that Deadly Silence was a bit of a let down, RE1 is a bit of a classic and all but after playing through REmake on the 'cube a few times, this take on it really fell a bit flat for me. Not enough new content and the 'touch' bits are gimmicky as fuck. Some nice hidden stuff, though -the mic does a few bits that you probabbly wouldn't notice unless you read a guide!

I'm still not convinced storage-wise though... I've got a 2GB card for my DS, and it just ain't enough, I'm forever filling it with ROM's and and homebrew and shit. I get perhaps 40-60 odd games on there, plus my emu stuff, I'm forever having to delete bits that I'd really rather not; I use it for multiplayer so much that there's stuff I need to keep on there always, like the WiFi titles that I play with my brother/sister... yeah, 8GB cards are available but anything over 2GB is prohibitive cost-wise presently.

How's the PSP emu scene improving? Until recently some stuff was pretty unstable, but I've heard it's pretty much reached maturity in the last few months? The SNES emulation on most systems has been known to be a bit flaky initally, layer ordering on complex games like Metroid does tend to cause headaches, plus audio sync, Donkey Kong Country et all can be an arse. If it emulates 100% and you've not played it before, play Super Metroid.... it's easily the best game I've ever played, bar none

I think you guys read me wrong with my earlier comments re the PSP. It's a decent piece of kit being very badly managed. The greatest potential lies with the home grown software for it, yet Sony won't open it up and insist on firmware upgrades with newer titles... then wonder why software sales are so bad. I think we're going to see a similar story with the PS3 sadly, it was supposed to ship with a Linux distro from launch, was it not? That has yet to materialise....

Anyone see the new 360 announced? Full HDMI support, 120GB drive (targeted at HD content it would seem) and projected to retail at roughly the same price point. It's kinda interesting that the 360 is actually extending it's already considerable lead on the PS3...