Where did 5gb go?

decisive

Alrite fellas,

Last night i left the macbook downloading a 1gb torrent with azureus, when i woke up it had crashed (screen was asleep too so i couldn't see why) and upon restarting I found the file had downloaded but I also seem to have lost 5gb in free space. I can't find where it's being taken up, I've tried everywhere I can think of looking...

anyone got any idea?

Cheers

Alrite fellas,

Last night i left the macbook downloading a 1gb torrent with azureus, when i woke up it had crashed (screen was asleep too so i couldn't see why) and upon restarting I found the file had downloaded but I also seem to have lost 5gb in free space. I can't find where it's being taken up, I've tried everywhere I can think of looking...

anyone got any idea?

Cheers

go to versiontracker and download "whatsize" (freeware) and it will show you exactly where its gone.

Also get rid of Azureus because it's shit and get bits on wheels.

thanks, that software looks quite useful... i'm sure it must be different to the os's search tool although on first glance it looks rather similar... so i'll dig in and hopefully solve things :) also thanks for the bits on wheels recommendation, i'll check it out!

bits on wheels is powerpc only so that's a no go... think i'll stick with azureus- other than being a bit slow on the redraw side of things it's fine... isn't it? what's utorrent better for?

bits on wheels is powerpc only so that's a no go... think i'll stick with azureus- other than being a bit slow on the redraw side of things it's fine... isn't it? what's utorrent better for?

µT is very light (around 6MB of RAM and very little CPU usage), unlike Az which is built on java. It's 173KB and does everything you'd expect of a top notch torrent client. Very customisable too -the web interface is brilliant, I've installed a flash applet that gives me full graphical control over µT no matter where I am.

Interestingly, Bram Cohen, the creator of the BitTorrent protocol and BitTorrent Inc has acquired µTorrent for 'the merits of µTorrent's exceptionally well-written codebase and robust user community'; which is why mac/linux versions are on the way. µT definately rules the roost for the time being, at least.