Gabriel Saint and Justin From Another Big Machine

$a!n+

A friend of mine sings for a band called Another Big Machine. The y have a little record deal and he has an amzing voice. They do a kinda rock alternative pop thing. Well, he and I did a lil hiphop/rnb/pop tune. Check. Sounds like a million dollars to me.

So...Tell me what you think.

A Song About Music

Sooooo, I think it's most definetely got a catchy sound to it.

However if it were me on the producing sound, I'd play the same melody as the guitar does in the backround, but like with a piano occasionally. I like the effects such as the distorted guitar/synth.

You're right about him having a great voice - formal training? Sounds fairly clear, and you don't get that too often with "amateurs".

I preferred the drums in the beginning, eventhough the "mains" are nicely done and fit nicely to the song, I'm not too sure if they're not too hard. I mean the synths and the basses as well as the cuts are hard enough...so maybe chill the drums a tad. I mean you could always underline every second clap with that snare...I just think the first drum kick is a ton-times better.

The whole cutting things is cool, however makes the song sound a bit too hectic for me/sorry to say, but slightly sloppy...I think overloaded would be a better term. Like the simple cuts around 1min30s are excellent - like kinda percussive if you get what I mean.

Eventhough I'm critising a ton, I've gotta give you props. Nice one man! It's dope. The arrangement/mxing is nice aswell.

But you could make it even better - at least in my view.

pee.z

Bubba

• 2 weeks later...