A DVD player for windows

HaterNob

I'm setting up a new PC for my folks that they bought from Dell. It came with some BULLSHIT Dell media player which I've removed because it was utter SHIT!

I've tried to get PowerDvD down but can only seem to get a trial version.

The computers also got media center installed but I need the DvD codec, can I get it for free somewhere?

Cheers in advance,

pz

yeah vlc is great, everthing works in it,

but its real bare, and what annoys me is theres no popup menu when your in fullscreen mode...

sometimes Media player classic(real alternative) stalls for me but my pc is shit...

i had interwin dvd or intervideo win dvd or whetever its called before, and it had nice features like capturing screen shots and shit.... might try and get that again... i need a new one..

what annoys me is theres no popup menu when your in fullscreen mode...

Right click the screen. Dunno if that's the sort of menu you mean though.

nah i mean the bar along the bottom with volume & to scroll along the time like in real alternative....

oh yeah and it doesn't have a rewind (search button) function, you can click back on the bar but you cant watch shit in reverse if ya get me...., not that i do that...

although i used watch movies i wanna get through quickly tho at 1.5X, not with like chipmunk voices just quicker talking...

i would like that feature again...

time saving with pointless viewing