Last night's Tribe Called Quest show

Grizzly

So i managed to get tickets to see these guys at a venue last night. The show was exactly what you would expect for tribe... they palyed a lot fo their classic hits, plus a few new remixes i think. The enrgy was insane! Ali shaheed muhammad really threw down on the decks (cdj's unfortunately, but it was still great) and rocked the show.

BUT then..... with one more song left to go.... the unthinkable happened. Penis Diddy came out and absolutley RUINED the whole vibe of the show. I mean they had the crowd going insnae and then p diddy's gay ass came on stage and the whole energy level of the show dropped to about 1/4 of what it was. lots of people boo'ed him.

It was really dissapointing having tribe call for the crowd to sing the lyrics 'record label people are shadyyyy" and then two songs later this ruiner of hip-hop has the nerve to show his face. Not to mention the first thing he said when he came out was "Whats up New York!". This is in atlanta. i really hatye him. Sorry for the long post

heh, i was in toronto last weekend and wanted to see them, but i couldnt score tickets, i envy you, even with the whole diddy gaynes,...

Word Tek, I went to that show here in Toronto....some people were sellin pairs for $300CDN the show was off the hook tho...I got tix at reg price thankfully. If that was here in Toronto tho puffy would have got rushed on the stage for just being there lol....gayyyyyy.

yeah, me and my buddy were circling the block the venue was at rolling a blunt for the show and the third time we came around, there was a tour bus and 4 black '06 escalades. The last one in line pulled over to cut us off from passing, but eventually let us through. Just as we were driving past the one leading the pack, out pops diddy himself. Had he popped out any sooner, we would have ran over the poor schmuck. Both of us wished we had a gun, but the blunt was rolled and we still had to park