Kid Sid (Sweden)

Kico (USA)

Wundrkut (Canada)

Fred Funk (USA)

Rafik (Germany)

Yasa (Japan)

Netik (France)

Rachi

Had a nice intro, but everything he does is dragged out big time. Not very technical juggling, funky scratches, a nice opening set.

Perplex

Looks composed and relaxed, not to bad on the juggle steez (most of it being doubletime 1-2-1-2), but his scratches are all a bit rushed. Sounded an awful lot like Rafik, which I could confirm when I saw a bunch of Rafik doubles.

Astoundingly average.

Inquistive

Basic juggling, alot of the same like last night. Dudes got a good flow going on, I'll give him that.

Nothing has got me hyped yet.

Asian Hawk

Boring as batshit, only picked up with about 2 minutes to spare, everything else was a few jazz blends, mixes. Homeboy put me halfway to sleep, whilst telling me again and again about being original.

Yeah kid, you were original alright...now take said "originality" the fuck off my DMC screen.

Noodles

Lady DJ thats taken a page out of '92.

Messy as hell, juggles that make no goddamn sense, poorly synced cuts. Blindfolded herself halfway through and did a 1-2-1-2, which coincidentely, was the only clean part.

An embarrasment to turntablists the world over.

Kid Sid

You know, in a way Sid reminds me of Staen from 03-05. Gets doper every year he competes, but never manages to "wow" me. His Dr. Pressure juggle came off cleanly, lots of retro material from there on in. Lit fire to his decks at the end.

He had a major skippage problem at the start, panicked, then blamed it on equipment.

Wack.

Kico

I am really dissapointed from his set this year. Did the first real juggle of the night, from there on in was just tone playing.

Fucked up somewhere at the 4 minute mark, and decided not to continue.

Wundrkut

About time someone brings worthwhile something to the table.

Clean cutting, followed by some quality juggles, the big thing this year apparentely is to cut up musical instruments.

Best set of the night so far.

Fred Funk

To those not in the know, Fred Funk aka. Mike Brie, is using his same routine from last year when he placed 2nd in a reigional.

It is DOPE though, despite the pressure he is under, he's pulling off a clean, techincal showcase worthy of a placing (and at this point, 1st). Finished off by slowing his platter, then building up to a bang-bang on juggle.

Rafik

Straight fire.

More technical wizardry from the technical wizard, had some skippage issues, otherwise, everything was spot on. A step up on the aggression aswell. Can't help but feel a LITTLE let down, expected some better juggles (although they were still damn good).

He'll take 2nd or 3rd it looks like..

Yasa

Most musical set of the night so far, he's taken a baby step away from sounding like DJ Kentaro and sounding more like DJ Yasa, but not by much.

Bit out of tune here and there, general Japanese stuff we've seen for years now really. I dig that type of stuff though.

MIGHT get a placing..

Netik

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about, I'm pissed I've had to wait this long for freshness, but it's finally here.

Netik proves again, how he's hands down one of the best cutters on the planet today, fresh juggles, I can overlook the custom record thing here.

This is a no contest, if there is any justice on earth, Netik will be the 06 DMC Champion.

Results should look SOMETHING like..

1st Netik

2nd Rafik/Yasa

3rd Fred Funk

Assuming DMC don't rate some ludicrously mediocre DJ again that is, I half expect Asian Hawk in the top 3.

Edited by Broken Sword

dj noodles, shit man even though she is wack as shit you still gotta give her props to jump on a stage with some of the best male battle dj's in the world.

i think it can be very intimidating for any female to jump on a battle stage and battle a male counterpart.

props for trying, skills still wack.

I don't think males are any more built for DJing than females, females just don't seem to gravitate towards the technical and competetive aspects of DJing.

I think tyra can probably rip some assholes with her cuts, but I think she has an explicit no battle policy.

and in case there are some PC issues related to this I'll clarify...

I'm not saying she's a represative for ALL female DJs, rather that she's a DJ that happens to be female and has dope skills.

I don't think males are any more built for DJing than females

I'm not actually sure about this one, a while back I would've agreed but about a year or 2 ago on UK TV they did this series of experiments to find differences between men and women. One of the tests they did was to put headphones onto the people they were testing and play a different sound (a kind of made up word) in each side of the headphones, the women could hear and repeat both sounds but the men only heard 1 sound which was a mixture of the 2 sounds played.

True this does really apply to battling and true most of the women I know who DJ can mix flawlessly but to me that somehow seems relevent.

Another story of interest was where they showed everyone the news on TV then ask questions about what was said in the news, the women could remember everything that was reported, the men could only remember what male reporters had reported and could remember anything women reporters had said :((

dj noodles, shit man even though she is wack as shit you still gotta give her props to jump on a stage with some of the best male battle dj's in the world.

i think it can be very intimidating for any female to jump on a battle stage and battle a male counterpart.

props for trying, skills still wack.

I see what your sayin but dont really agree, it was the pathetic elimination Judges who made the horrible mistake of putting her in the Top 10/12 when there was obviously more skilled djs who didn't qualify....

...ie Gem (i'm biased obviously) tell me this guy isnt better than her....

whats even more unbelievable is that she was about 4th in???

She was an embarrasment.... and its also patronising to women putting her in when she's clearly not good enough.... If it was boxing, they wouldn't have let her in...

Guest Broken Sword

lol at this review, did we watch the same event?

I don't know, I didn't watch it

ah safe, whoever wrote this review made me laugh anyway.

It's a guy from Perth, Australia. Yeah, he's pretty funny. I like his Asain Hawk comments.

lol at this review, did we watch the same event?

I don't know, I didn't watch it

ah safe, whoever wrote this review made me laugh anyway.

It's a guy from Perth, Australia. Yeah, he's pretty funny. I like his Asain Hawk comments.

i've just realised who you are as well... :s

"Noodles

Lady DJ thats taken a page out of '92.

Messy as hell, juggles that make no goddamn sense, poorly synced cuts. Blindfolded herself halfway through and did a 1-2-1-2, which coincidentely, was the only clean part.

An embarrasment to turntablists the world over."

this is completely true. it is absolute bullshit that she got through and gem didnt, and that she was placed ahead of the likes of rachi. i was judging at the eliminations and gave her 2 out of sympathy and saw that the guy next to me had also given her 2 and had been sniggering the whole way through her set with the judge beside him. i cant imagine the general consensus was very different across the board so just how the fuck does she get in? a certain high up person was overheard saying "we need more representation from different countries" by someone eavesdropping on the meeting when the scores were handed in so as far as i'm concerned there's your answer.