how do i disable this proxy shit?

la ressistance

right if you are using IE do to tools..internet options..connections..lan settings and untick "use proxy server.."

Im not sure how to do it in other browsers as this is all im allowed at work, but it will be on the same lines.

If these are already unticked its then something to do with your ISP (using a shared proxy allows one person to d/l and everyone else will have to wait) if so then you will have to use a different proxy (find one on web somewhere)

right if you are using IE do to tools..internet options..connections..lan settings and untick "use proxy server.."

Im not sure how to do it in other browsers as this is all im allowed at work, but it will be on the same lines.

If these are already unticked its then something to do with your ISP (using a shared proxy allows one person to d/l and everyone else will have to wait) if so then you will have to use a different proxy (find one on web somewhere)

cheers rygon.i think it must be my server.i'm with ntl so i think it's time i left the wankers and got with tiscali.

Don't switch to Tiscali mate. They're shite.

A proxy won't affect downloading from YSI. With MegaUpload, you get taken to that page where you can select your true IP so it won't affect you there either. It will affect RapidShare, but there are ways round it (or you can just buy a premium account).

i havent had a problem with d/l with ntl at all. maybe its worth turning off and unplugging your box for 10mins.

or possibly assign a new IP address (but im not sure if this one will help

It's not easy to get a new IP address with NTL. Mine's changed twice since I had it. I even went to America for 3 weeks and when I came back I still had the same IP. NTL use proxy servers, so it makes no difference what your unique IP address is anyway - the download site will see the IP of NTL's proxy server.

If your server and client workstation are running through an ADSL router, then they recieve private IP adresses on the LAN side, which has nothing to do with the IP your router is assigned for the WAN side.

I am hoping not, but suspect you might be being funnelled through a transparent cache proxy by your ISP, which possibly has something to do with the specific package your on.

I recommend you phone your ISP and ask whether they have recently implemented transparent cache proxies for groups of ADSL customers.

The result of which is usually:

"You IP address is already downloading a file"