CUE Splitter

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

You can just write one in Notepad mate. Here's an example using the first 3 tracks of a Roc Raida CD: -

PERFORMER "Grandmaster Roc Raida"
TITLE "Champion Sounds"
FILE "Grandmaster Roc Raida - Champion Sounds.mp3" MP3
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Intro (Skit)"
   PERFORMER "Roc Raida"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Hip Hop Shit"
   PERFORMER "Roc Raida"
   INDEX 01 00:26:24
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "On The Cut"
   PERFORMER "Roc Raida"
   INDEX 01 04:07:34

The Performer/Title at the very top would be for your name and the name of the mix. Then in the File part, you put the exact name of the mp3, wav, ogg file or whatever in quotes. After the quotes comes the file extension, so if it's an mp3, you put MP3, an Ogg Vorbis file you put OGG and so on.

Each track has it's own 4 lines of code (although you can do without the performer and title if you want to). It's easy to work out what to put by looking at the example. The INDEX 01 parts are where each track begins.

Once you've made your cue sheet, you have to make sure it's named exactly the same as the mp3, but obviously with a .cue extension instead, so if your mix was called: -

DJ Rusty - Rock Mix 22.07.06.mp3

Then your cue sheet has to be called: -

DJ Rusty - Rock Mix 22.07.06.cue

It sounds more complicated than it is, but it doesn't take long to make one, especially when you've done a couple of them.

Steve, have you tried this with an MP3? Last time I tried something like this (not sure if it was the same app), it didn't cut it cleanly and the tracks didn't playback gaplessly afterwards?

I have no use for it mate. I was only posting it because occasionally people have said something when a mix is posted as one long track rather than separate files. I did try it out to test it, and from what I remember it did work OK.

Guess that works with wavs as well, right?

So basically I make my cue sheet (like in adobe) so that I have the exaxt minutes and seconds, then I type the stuff into the txt file (do I have to have the same format of the paragraphs?) and then save as .cue, put it either in the same folder or burn it onto the same cd? that's all? Fuck man, it would be a bliss if that really works...I have so many problems cue-ing my mixes...sorta like the problem that deft states...

It will work with any file type that your burner supports. It definitely works for mp3 and wav anyway.

You don't need to format the cue sheet like that with the spaces at the start of each line - that's just to make it easier to read (that example was automatically generated).

Once you have your mp3/wav and cue sheet, you need to burn it a certain way. In Nero, cancel out of any wizards and go to Recorder then Burn Image. Select the .cue file, then burn the disc. Some versions of Nero don't seem to like doing that, in which case use CDRWin (which handles cue sheets better anyway).

Oh and BTW, if you're using a cue sheet so you can burn mix CDs, the best thing to do is check that you've got the markers in the exact right spot by playing the audio file with a player that supports cue sheets (foobar2000 or Winamp with a plug-in). Then you can make any minor adjustments before you burn.