Strange problem with pc...

Clownstyle

I keep getting the little message icon "network cable unplugged" ....Thing is i dont even touch the cable it just seems to happen every now and again. When i go to restart the pc it will power up but not turn the monitor on. I unplug it then restart.....After a few goes i can get the monitor on and everything is fine until i see that dreaded message again :'(

What could be wrong?

It could be loads of things mate. Just dealing with the network thing, has it done this since you had the PC or has it just started doing it? It could be a dodgy cable, a faulty network card, a faulty socket on the motherboard and possibly several other things. Do you get solid power and ready lights on your modem? If you do a Google search for "network cable unplugged" you'll find loads of people with similar problems and several suggested solutions.

The monitor thing also could be a few different things. The PC is still under warranty I presume so if this continues I would send it back. If there is faulty hardware it's probably best to sort it out now rather than later.

Guest Deeswift

My modem does this too. Rarely though. I occasionally have to go to Network Connections in Control Panel and re-enable things. Sorry for the overly-technical answer, but hey, WTF do I know.

• 2 weeks later...