IF YOUTUBE DOESN'T WORK

Steve

Recently I started to get this message when I try and watch YouTube videos: -

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player.

Today it happened with every video I tried to watch. If this happens to you and you already have JavaScript turned on and Flash player installed, then download and run this: -

flashplayer8r24_winax.zip

I had this problem too; I tried quite a few different things to fix it but nothing obvious worked. Funny thing is all embedded Youtube stuff works fine, and other video sites like Google Video are fine. It saved me hours of wasting time on youtube so I decided to live with it, lol.

So what's the actual problem causing it?

• 1 month later...
So what's the actual problem causing it?

It's when the ActiveX control gets buggered up. I've narrowed it down to using RegSeeker. Every time I clean the registry with it, YouTube vids no longer work.

I thought exactly that too, but I've just performed a fresh install of XP here and it still happens. Virtually nothing is installed here, it's basically a stock install, just to see. It's very weird.

The strangest thing about it all is that embedded videos have always worked fine. It's only the YouTube site that screws up.

Very, very odd....