liquid cooling or aircon unit

djnumnuts

my room is bloody hot and ive had enouhg , me fan just aint keep me or my room cool and the beast which is my pc has 7 fans but not really helping ,i mean temp reading are normally around 40 , but its gone up to 48-49.20 its either get a water cooling system or and air con unit ,so id like some ideas and what not ,problems with watercooling alge and corrsion and stuffand a portable aircon unit like 100 quid or some more than a top warter cooling or the cheapest phase changer cooling system which wouldnt be that great cos the noise and the heat from them .

I have water cooling installed in one of my PC's.

Your WC loop is HEAVILY dependant of the ambient temperature or your room,if your room is hot-your WC is hot.

Go for some room cooling,airconditioning or whatever it is ppl do to keep rooms cool.Having seven fans in your case in a hot room is only gonna cycle hot air through your case.

Bottom line sort your room temps out and then you could even take out one or two fans.

bigwater 2:

The latest Conroe core 1M record times were done with a bigwater,that shut down a few critics.I'm getting round to building a 1/2 inch setup with a blackice rad and tygon tubing etc etc

Just can't be arsed ATM,I'm running right now on a Linux air platform with a Zalman cooler.

Guest sirchickski

LMAO im in South Wales in europe n it was 32 degrees :| was taking the piss considering we have temperatures of minus 5 in the winter ! :p

Most W/C kits don't offer much benefit over the best HSF's anyway.

Just a thought numnuts, but why not drop your Vcore down one notch. If you're not OC'd you should see no loss in stability and drop a surprising amount of power output (i.e. run cooler). Pretty much evey system I've run stock I've run ~0.15V under spec