SERIOUS LUBAGE needed.

Frost

Want a tip?

Get some of THIS:

Containing naptha (sp) It's the bomb shizzle for cleaning out faders. I got the tip from ProfBX years ago, but only recently used it cos I'm down to my last bit of IPA and wantd to hang on to some just-in-case, for cleaning off thermal paste.

I was quite astonished at how well this works. After applying some, your fader will feel rough as fuck as it removes every last trace of the original lube, preparing it for a fresh lubing. Hence DON'T use it 'till you have new lube to put on. I recommend ProGOLD. It's always done me good.

Zippo lighter fluid sweetened up my EQ faders lovely. They were starting to go a bit Pete Tong after five years of zero maintainance -butter again now.

Also: NEVER lube unless you've cleaned off the old lube. It just seals in the dirt, increasing the wear. i.e. your fader will fuck up quicker.

To be honest, I'm not a good enough scratcher to really notice the difference in my cuts with a buttery fader or otherwise; but I AM a skint enough scratcher that I can't afford to drop bare cash on a new fader every few months. So I clean and lube perhaps every two to three months. Any more and you're as likely to do physical damage to the frame opening it up. My last fader was an ALPHA railglide and it lasted over four years of heavy handed abuse -it's still OK now I just swapped it for a P&G for feel.

Clean, then lube. Never just lube.

It's probably easier to get it from Maplins. Or your chemist.

I got a decent sized bottle from the chemists for like 70p a couple of years back.

Strange though when I went they told me they didn't have any and that I would have to come back the next day. When I did they went to a cupboard and pulled out a bottle to decant from that looked like it hadn't been moved for a year let alone delivered that day.

I'm still convinced that they thought that I wanted it to drink or sniff and that they just made me come back the next day to prove I wasn't just desperate for it.

Also: NEVER lube unless you've cleaned off the old lube. It just seals in the dirt, increasing the wear. i.e. your fader will fuck up quicker.

To be honest, I'm not a good enough scratcher to really notice the difference in my cuts with a buttery fader or otherwise; but I AM a skint enough scratcher that I  can't afford to drop bare cash on a new fader every few months. So I clean and lube perhaps every two to three months. Any more and you're as likely to do physical damage to the frame opening it up. My last fader was an ALPHA railglide and it lasted over four years of heavy handed abuse -it's still OK now I just swapped it for a P&G for feel.

Clean, then lube. Never just lube.

good post Liam...

I'm still convinced that they thought that I wanted it to drink or sniff and that they just made me come back the next day to prove I wasn't just desperate for it.

I believe it's also very useful in fabricating and extracting various drugs. Deft will probabbly know the answer to this one. Can't you extract LSD from morning glory seeds with IPA rinsing? The trick is that the LSD has already been removed from commerical morning glory seeds, so you have to plant it, grow a plat, collect more seeds then do teh bizznaaas on 'em

Yeah I'd heard that.

like when a guy i know discovered that he could theoretically order safrole and isosafrole from his workplace (used for making mdma)

he tried to order some and the very next day he had the drug squad on the phone asking "what exactly do you want this for?". lol.

Yeah I'd heard that.

like when a guy i know discovered that he could theoretically order safrole and isosafrole from his workplace (used for making mdma)

he tried to order some and the very next day he had the drug squad on the phone asking "what exactly do you want this for?". lol.

He doesn't work for a fragrance firm, does he? I've heard numerous times about people at fragrance manufacturers mistakenly making up large quantities of MDMA (as in 'street value' running into millions). On a few occasions, people have been jailed and subsiquently cleared. Very dodgy!