wii graphics on par with 360

texas pete

I would be surprised if they were cos I don't think Nintendo are even trying to compete with MS and Sony in terms of graphical capabilities, but I don't care - I'm still gonna get a Wii if they're as cheap as I've heard they're gonna be.

Any ideas on what this 'final surprise' could be?

Perhaps a dedicated physics engine chip, seeing as they're the talk of the moment (and reduce GPU/CPU strain, which might help explain the aforementioned...)

at E3 we werent really looking at the wii but a box with a souped up gamecube inside?!

Reports have been saying they were up-front about this anyway; I've heard that in a few video shots at E3 it is possible to see the modified GC's anyway. This is what was sent to developers to start on game ideas.

It's a sound idea, to my thinking at least. Send the developers a barebones system as soon as possible, get them working on game ideas, then later provide them with the graphics hardware to really flesh out the visuals. Word is that PS3 developers have been really struggling to develop for this platform as Sony wanted dope visuals etc. from the word go for press videos etc. which really isn't a good way to work in my book.

Any thoughts on what this 'final surprise' could turn out to be? I'm thinking that the only angle Ninteno haven't covered yet is the intellegent camera (like the 360 cam which is supposed to recognise who's playing, auto-load your saves/profiles as well as send your ugly mug over Xbizzle live).

I'm not normally interested in the whole console/gaming lark but the Wii story is turning out to have more twists than your average episode of Hollyoaks and by all accounts the visuals may be just as saucy