OK I DID IT THIS TIME

alkatrazz

:'( So i was custumizing and i used the program that sigma gave to monkey hands well..... everything was going fine... and i wanted to change the logon screen but i didnt like the ones that they had so i downloaded what i think was a safe log on screen it was from deviant art.com anyways now i get a screen everytime that says

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.

please re-install a copy of the above file

I can copy this from my dads desktop on to a cd or floppy but how do i reinstal it because everytime i even touch a button it goes to this screen..... I can get to the safe mode screen but i try safe mode and it goes to this and tried using saved point but it goes to this screen?? Am i fucked and have to re-start everything or can it be saved Anyone thanks in advance :'(

Guest Deeswift

That's a bummer, and precisely why I never fuck with boot screens, I tried it once before and ended up reinstalling the operating system cause I could not get my old boot screen back, I had this stupid custom thing that didn't really work. Sorry to hear, hope you get your problem sorted.

yea i think im just gonna have to re-install again I backed up alot of my stuff so its not that bad.. im gonna go to my hole in the wall now... I think ill leave the customizing to just customize the icons and background thats it... :'(

Thanks for the site sigma, but i got it all sorted out, i just ended up re-formating. Turns out VAIO uses a different kind of installation process, it came with no disks which i found odd. All i had to do to get my comp back to how it was when i first bought it was just follow some steps and bam everythings back to regulars. IM so use to installing disk after disk. Sucks i couldnt save my info but it wasent much seeing as this was a new comp. Well im never fuckin around with that damn boot screen again. Thanks guys for the help.