dvd santa question.

la ressistance

whenever i try to burn a dvd it keeps askng me to insert a blank dvd no-matter how many times i try it.i've tried 6 brand new dvd's but it still keeps asking for a blank one.

my mate suggested that it might be the brand of dvd that i'm using,but that doesn't seem to make sense.it's pissing me off now,so has anyone got any ideas about what's going wrong??? cheers.

I'm with Deft on this one, have you been able to use the DVD's with any other burning apps?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you've probabbly bought DVD-R's, but your drive only supports DVD+R. They're two different write strategies; the media is different (and incompatable), but the end result in either case is a 'regular' DVD disc. DVD+R is generally thought to be more widely compatable.

Some older dvd-writers which only support the '+' standard can be firmware upgraded to support both.

cheers chaps.

it seems my dvd's are - so i'll try a +.i never thought it would be like that ,sort of like vhs and beta.....very gay system.

@Lase - the guy in my avatar is jean moulin.he was leader of the french resistance and all round good bloke.

he got tortured to death by the gestapo,but never told them anything.