Guitar Start Sample Beat

alkatrazz

Something me and a homey from San Francisco are collabin on over the email. He sends me of him playing stuff and I cut it up and put a beat on it. This was made in like 20 mins this morning at 4 am when I shouldve been sleeping but I think its good start very small file so check it out let me know what you think. I have a guitar solo im going to scratch and layer onto this and a whole lot more but just want to see what you guys think. Any ideas? :d

Link blink

I would take out the "snaps" as percussion. They're a bit too prominent for my taste. You could keep the arrangement and just replace them with a normal highhat. The claps are good as percussion. 808s are always fun to place. Other than that I like it. The drum arrangement is "rnb'isch" but I make that kind of music aswell - so taking into consideration, that you prolly wanted to do so, I'd say nicely programmed!

The drum sounds sound familiar. Fruity?

pee.z

O.

I hate the sound of the drums. HATE IT! The programming of the drums isnt bad, and neither is the guitar. It is just the drum samples. They sound like a 10 dollar casio keyboard. Ewwwwww. The arrangement, like I said, is cool. Just try some better sounds.

Thanks guys Ill try out all the suggestions. I think my biggest problem was I made this with cheap headphones on. As for the drum samples I have to get better ones off of vinyl im just using the FL ones.

Steve- We werent really going for any kind of sound, it just came out like that. He just gave me one of his little jam sessions he records all the time and I cut it up and put a beat on it.

Bubba- Yea i also thought the snaps were too much.

thanks again guys, like I said this is just like 5% of it its still growing.

Allright heres a some changes too it, i changed up some samples and took out the snaps. Ill work alot more on this on the weekend but right now im swamped with midterms. better?

Linky #2