Buying a budget mixer

Hi all,

I'm in charge of the purchase of equipment for my DJ society. We don't have a lot of money, and the setup will likely be numark tt200s and a sub £160 mixer. Apparently is a no go so it's new and b stock from shops only. So far I'm looking at:

Stanton SA-3 - not p&g faders right? but what are the faders in them like?

Stanton SMX-501 - leaning toward this as the favourite as I've seen one at a great price *but* it's the old style blue and silver one, does this have p&g faders in it? If not what are the faders like?

American Audio/American DJ QD5 - like the idea of the optical fader, anyone know what it's like?

Basically I need to get something that will last, and be suited to everyone from scratch to long mix djs, tight crossfader and 3 band eq are musts. Any help would be appreciated...

c

dunno how much they are in the uk but the reloop Scratch.2 one kinda like an 07 is 250 euro i think...

jus found..

£198.00 GBP from dolphin but you might find better than that....

i won one in the itf and have it as my second mixer...

its not bad, lot of features for fuck all cash which i guess is what your after...

Thanks for the replies all, I'm going to take a good look at that Reloop mixer. Shame the eqs are fader rather than rotary, I think some of the house and dnb djs might object but it looks very nice. Their decks look nice as well, I really like the chassis of the OEM tts and the Reloop ones are the prettiest I've seen (apart from the black Citronic one)... I'll probably stick with tt200s as you know what you're getting, but it would be nice to have a 1200 clone to keep (once again) the house heads happy...

c

Unfortunately we can't really stretch to an SA-5, plus most of the other djs would rather not have a 100% fader based design (although that reloop mixer might do considering the price). Is the old SMX-501, the blue and silver one, the same as the new design, or do they not have the p&g faders?

c

I've honestly never heard a single good word about a behringer mixer, for a start it seems like you're one of the lucky ones not having fader troubles- construction quality is a major issue too from what I've heard. Think I'll be steering away cus we can't afford the risk of something breaking in the club, thanks for the input though :)

c

I've honestly never heard a single good word about a behringer mixer, for a start it seems like you're one of the lucky ones not having fader troubles- construction quality is a major issue too from what I've heard. Think I'll be steering away cus we can't afford the risk of something breaking in the club, thanks for the input though :)

c

really?

well, its had a bit of hammer like,,no probs- me mates goto town on it too. Haha, bet it dies tonight if i play on it now.