anyone got a trigger finger?

Nimrod

UPDATE:

now when i try and open live it says this:

"live has detected another rewire application"

and wont shut down properly, something about preferences or something...

wont even acknowledge the trigger finger as an external device... whereas before i just couldnt get any sound out of it but it flashed when i pressed a pad...

if anyone could help that would be awesome, all i wanna do is make some beats!!! :(

Ok, I've just seen you're using live, what you need to do is first make sure the trigger finger is selected as a remote device in the preferences....once you've do that the simples way of make it trigger sounds is to simple click the little button with MIDI writtening it in the top right corner of live (this puts you in midi editing mode)...now click the button whatever you want to control (either the play button on a block in one of the ableton tracks or a pad on the simpler sampler plugin) then press the button on the trigger finger which you want to use to trigger that sound....a little block should appear over that control with something like 'c#5' in it, this means a button has been assigned. Once you've assigned every thing click the MIDI button again to exit midi editing mode and start bashing buttons on your trigger finger ;)

Right, that's probably made no sense and I've probably left loads of info out because I can't try it now because I'm at work...if you can't get it to work hit me up on msn/skype/phone sometime after 5:30 this evening ;)

ahhh ok nice one man...

thing is, on Live 4 after a while it started saying something about a Rewire master application. what is that? cos its preventing me from using Live properly.

Now ive installed Live 5 and it says the same thing:

"Live has detected another Rewire master application. No Rewire slave applications will be avaliable for use with Live unless you quit the current Rewire application and restart Live."

whats that all about?

so when i open Live 4 it will say

"Live has detected another Rewire master application. No Rewire slave applications will be avaliable for use with Live unless you quit the current Rewire application and restart Live."

then,

"Failed to open MIDI device "Delta AP MIDI"

and now when i try and change the preferences, it wont recognise trigger finger as a remote device.

also it wont let me close the preferences window or the actall program itself, saying something like "error closing file: C:\.......preferences.cfg"

Rewire is a way of communicating between audio programs (I think it appear when reason first came out as a way to control reason from Cubase). The programs which I know of at the moment which use Rewire are Cubase, Ableton, Reason & Rebirth although I've sure there are a few others too. A rewire master is normally defined by the program you start up first, so if you're running cubase or ableton 4 when you start ableton 5 this is probably why you're getting this message, if now I guess your rewire.dll is fucked.. best bet is to make sure you only run ableton and nothing else at the same time until you get the hang of it.

EDIT: if you are running another app at the same time, that'll be why you're getting a midi error to, because that program has already taken control of your midi port.

First things first, are you still getting that ReWire error???

Also you made sure you've selected the correct audio card drivers & the right audio card outputs if you have a multi output card?

nope no rewire error... everything in that dept is fine

the assignment of samples to pads is fine aswell but cant hear anything so im guessing its the soundcard settings in Live?

EDIT:

ive got an audiophile soundcard,

the sound settings in Live are as follows:

AUDIO DEVICES:

Input: M-Audio Delta AP Multichannel DX

Output: M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF Wave

Driver Type: MNE/DirectX

MIDI/SYNC:

Input: Delta AP MIDI: on off off

USB Audio Device: on off on

Output: USB Audio Device: off off off

Delta AP MIDI: off off off

Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth: off off off

Output:  M-Audio Delta AP S/PDIF Wave

That's why...it's going out the digital output (S/PDIF) on your sound card...change this I dunno what other options you have so I don't know which one to select...either try different ones or post up a list of what's available.

Driver Type: MNE/DirectX

This also probably isn't the best...what other ones are available...ASIO?