Stanton SK-2F question

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have 1 of those mixers- Its ok, but those focus faders are way too light and they magnetise after a long session and go stiff.  i had to change faders all the time and in the end i just used the bog standard one before i eventually sold it to a mate.

I use a rane now and a beringer somtimes.

I had the same probs with SK-2F, v1. I went through a fader about every three weeks. Ugh. But I gotta say, Stanton's support was on point. Once I sent them the f'd fader, they'd send me a new one in like a week. Everytime...for the most part. I've been on the same v1 fader though for like 5 years and it's holding up like a champ. I just put some Cali lube in it and now it doesn't stick. Ahhh yeahhh.

Peace.

oops.

Id recomend rane like- never had any probs with it, had it 2 years now. I know they are pricey, but its worth it.

Also, if im playing out I have a behringer, that im not too fused if beers get spilt on it- was only £90 and its not too far from feeling like my rane- takes five mins to ajust to it really. The little buttons can piss you off on those tho as they are close to the x-fader- but you can always use the bpm counter :p haha.

what the hell use are bpm counters? god knows.

Edited by hairyarmbutcher