Repairig a Focus Fader

DJS1NNA

It snapped cause the metal part is on a plastic piece that slides that on too two bars. I dont know if im explaining it well enuff. Basically i got the Stanton sk-8f , so if you know what the fader looks like in that your know what i mean. Basically i need a strong glue for fixing metal to plastic i think.

do you mena SA-8? I've never heard of the SK-8, and it sounds like you talking about the stem cap like the inside of it,, the stem cap on my focus fader comes off easily, all i did was wrap the step ith masking tape to make it fit tighter, but if yours is broken then i suggest, some contact cement.

i have an ffv1 as well. i cant recall if the stem was glued down or if they just melted the plastic on top of the the stem plate. either way, you could try some 5 min. epoxy. other than that, you might try to order a new fader. the other cross fader that you have is an alps. you might have to clean that one to get rid of the bleeding. i've never even used that alps fader. its still in the bubble wrap.

do they fit then???. Im not very well informed about all this fader swapping.

my mistake. i meant replacing the mixer entirely.. since you asked for a mixer that had the same or more functions than the sk6.

Im toying with the idea of buying a new one, any suggestions???. Its got to have all the functions of my stanton tho + any extras would be kool.

im getting sick of my ffv1 though, i want to replace it with something heavier. im really thinking of getting a pro-x-fade since they dont seem to cost much more than a p&g.