ANONYMOUS WEB BROWSING

Steve

If you visit a site such as What's My IP? you'll see that your IP address is not hidden when you browse the web. That means that sites know you have visited them. It also means that your ISP knows which sites you are visiting. Your boss at work can also tell which sites you've been looking at.

If any of the above is of concern to you, then there is a solution - a program called JAP: -

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

I reckon this might be a solution for people at work where certain sites may be blocked too. Be aware that if you're gonna use this, your web surfing will be a fair bit slower than normal because you're being relayed through a series of servers. It's easy enough to enable/disable it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Im getting a bit worried about all this now , cause i dont wanna get some ppl knocking my door saying you been downloading nuff mp3/movies/games & stuff and were here to bust you. I dont download alot , but i see some guy in america got caught using eMule , they traced him thru chunks he got of the lemony snicketts film. Now he's in court over it. Does this Jap thing really work?. Whats this other 'Tor' thing i keep reading about too . You heard of it steve.