FutureMusic: Roland To Release New DJ Gear On Sept 9th

Guest rasteri

The turntable is a shitty OEM made by yahorng (same as the Numark TT250USB and the Pioneer PLX-500) and the mixer is a rebadged DIF-2S.

Yep, way to reinvent the DJ scene Roland.

• Like 1

I didn't think they'd go that far, but how weird. It looks like medium budget, generic Chinese made DJ kit, slightly awkwardly painted in the colours of the last truly great product they made... Which have a certain retro charm when applied to the original drum machine, but somehow make mid-level Chinese electronics look cheaper.

To be fair, while they have made a lot of garbage over the years, they have made some more than great, in fact superb products since the 909, but these announcements were very very weak, the rumours i am hearing about the turntable are not great, all plastic and quite flimsy are two of the most worrying, so yeah, these are a disgrace to the two most important rhythm monikers (808/909) in HipHop/Dances heritage :(

• Like 1

They're not the same though, they're just another digital recreation of the 303 and 909. If they really want to get people interested they'd make proper analog versions.

• Like 2

On top of that, they are pretty much the same price as the Aira versions that are already out, that they are cut down versions of those, not entirely sure how that is even supposed to work, people gonna buy these just because they aren't green and black and have less features ??

Afraid not, I think Pete had one for a bit, but I'm not totally sure if I've got the right model. I these are like the SP-303 but a bit more comprehensive.

Possibly worth a punt, although based on what you've said on here before I keep thinks by that one day a Roland MV would be a good fit for you. A bit more money of course, but for a non computer solution that does as much as possible they seem to fit the bill

Sequencer is a bit naff, but the sampler as per usual with all Roland samplers, off the chain, personally i wouldn't buy it, i would just send me the link and i shall remove your temptation for you :)

If its the right price nail the shit out of it, you don't tend to use sequencers that much, and the sample engine itself blows chunks out of anything else in its price range.

Just keep in mind that it is Smart media, and those things are getting more expensive by the day (Rare) but i can't remember if it is the 3.3v Smart media that their other devices demanded (Stupid bastard rare)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So now the hype has died down, anybody else feel like Mr Roland stood on a corner and said "Hey Mr DJ, come down this dark alley with me" and then stabbed him in the face with the xlr end of a dynamic mic.

Or the short version, fuck you Roland, release a new sampler, ya wankers !!!

• Like 1