• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Ah man, would be dope if Chile / Erik could add some of their cuts!

www.djdooban.com

#122 kut_class

kut_class

Class A

• Elite Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

i dont wanna promise n then let u guys down, but I might have a pc lying around that's still running xp. I cud see if I cud get it running n grab some screen shots n note any functionality not already down.

£100? I see you're gunning for the 'friends and family discount'... Like a Paris brothel, never underestimate the price of French Aaaahhhs.

#123 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Would be good. I am making slow but steady progress coding games in Python, so reckon I can at least grab random samples and play them in sequence against a beat pretty easily as a first step.

This arse fucking thing has piqued my interest

#124 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,085 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

fingers crossed

I obviously cannot speak or pass judgement on the rational behind it, because here in the U.S. we don't use logic or reasoning.

#125 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

So it's Sunday and I had a go at this. Probably be 2020 until it is ready given my level of Python programming skill!
So far I am using Sigma/Steve's sample set and I have managed to get a 500x500 window to pop-up with a title / DV logo / background image, and it to loop a 85bpm beat on an audio channel.

Posted Image

What do we actually want this thing to do? Choose samples from a list, random combo? If someone can be bothered to write a basic "User Requirements Spec" (in corporate lingo) it will at least give me something to aim for.
If anyone wants the code I can post it up (it's only a few lines at the mo').
You'll need Python 3.2.3 and Pygame 1.9.2. Though that means Windows, Linux or Mac is o.k.

#126 kut_class

kut_class

Class A

• Elite Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Sorry got this up and running a couple weekends ago. I do req writing for work, but i thought a vid could do the job. Will post a vid asap.when u see how it works its quite clever, its all about tagging the cut samples well.

£100? I see you're gunning for the 'friends and family discount'... Like a Paris brothel, never underestimate the price of French Aaaahhhs.

#127 kut_class

kut_class

Class A

• Elite Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

here you go .. i present the combo gen ! ta da !

• Steve and honna like this

#128 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,232 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Nice vid man, although it works better when you select the expert ini file, as you had it in "beginner" mode there and the combos it creates with my sample set (which wasn't great to begin with really!) are a bit disjointed at times. In the expert mode, it sounds a lot more like a real DJ rather than a computer program.
  • kut_class likes this

#129 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Pretty much what I expected. I'll probably never finish it but its a nice project to try. Not sure pygame is the best route for me but I'll have a go.

#130 honna

honna
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

here you go .. i present the combo gen ! ta da !

I stumbled on this again recently, it might fit nicely with some of the things I'm adding to the tablist.net web looper (http://www.tablist.net/weblooper).  Thanks for the video I wasn't able to get it up and running, but I have the files which should be helpful.  

honna.  

• petesasqwax likes this

#131 kut_class

kut_class

Class A

• Elite Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

wicked. proper gutting that this stopped working after xp. Would be amazing to have a fresh version of this, backed up with a fuckin huge library of beats.
  • petesasqwax likes this

#132 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

This thread is a stark reminder of where I didn't get to using Python. Does anyone have the original sample packs? I seem to have lost them when moving PCs. I have been pissing around with C# for fun, so who knows - 2016 could be the year of the Combo Generator (Universal Windows Platform App version).

• petesasqwax and mandrick like this

#133 mandrick

mandrick
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

Well, what a shame, this sounded like a great little tool! However, if anyone ever manages to resurrect it in one form or another, I could host it.

Edited by mandrick, 25 December 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#134 Deft

Deft

DOS Commander

• Elite Member
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Paging Dub-Se7en or Steve - any chance of digging out the sample sets for this. I'm feeling moderately confident I could resurrect this as a Windows 10 app now. This could be the app that rejuvenates the Windows App Store / sells the Windows Phone.

• petesasqwax, kut_class and mandrick like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users