Combo Generator

Sideshow

Guest rasteri

I did contemplate the distraction of doing it in Xamarin Forms / C# in Visual Studio then magically deploying to all platforms. God knows what would happen to audio things though.

Yeah I looked at Xamarin a while ago for another project, unfortunately it doesn't support audio so you have to write audio wrappers for every single platform you want to support.

There's a cross-platform audio API called Superpowered that can apparently be persuaded to run with Xamarin, and it's used in LOTS of DJ/music apps, but it (bafflingly) doesn't support windows.

Superpowered and JUCE both look good, though my C++ and native iOS or Android dev is virtually nil. As a hobbyist programmer who never really sticks to anything - I do find the endless libraries, SDKs, APIs etc. nevermind the actual languages kind of bewildering. Probably the reality of software development but makes me pretty sure a full time career in it could be quite annoying, as you are relentlessly forced to different technology stacks. I am all for professional development but just kind of re-learning the same base stuff for a different platform or dev environment would wear thin pretty quick. Should just stick to writing pure machine code or something.