PDX Owners!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more mark 1's are being made so you might be able to get them cheap. The mark 2's have a platter almost the same as the Technics as well as a few other minor changes.

The 4 new Vestax decks have been on sale for a few months now though Jordan.

there isnt a BIG difference other than the platter huh?

i think im just going to get the mk1..

theyre still pretty solid right?

my platter is fucked but i can just get it repaired

i wanted to buy a 2300 mk 2 cuz i thought the black pdx 2000's were hot as shit but theyre not selling the non-pro model in the states,  :@

How is your platter fucked?

try musicesp.com for stuff. Not the nicest site but, they email back fast, they asnswer the phone when you call , and they deliver within like a week. Thats how i get alot of my scratch records.

try musicesp.com for stuff. Not the nicest site but, they email back fast, they asnswer the phone when you call , and they deliver within like a week. Thats how i get alot of my scratch records.

that site looks sketchy, and they dont have the pdx.. so yeah. thats why i HAD to go to pssl.... i guess.

my platter is fucked but i can just get it repaired

i wanted to buy a 2300 mk 2 cuz i thought the black pdx 2000's were hot as shit but theyre not selling the non-pro model in the states,  :@

How is your platter fucked?

i dunno if this is normal operation or not but

when i let go of record and touch it again the needle jumps out and only stays in if i put a shit load of weight onto it...when i take mats and record off and what not and push on either side it wobbles but i see plenty of vids like on qbert's diy 2 video where it goes fuckin nuts...

talked to american music and sound (US Vestax distributor) and they said that if it wobbled a few mm's it could make a big difference

like i was watching derive's vid and it kinda looked like his platter did the same, so i thought maybe my needle isnt broken all the way in? but people say its supposed to skip less than a tech but my techs can handle the groove better with my year+ old needles (maybe i should get em replaced soon haha)

Edited by Sinergee

damnit! my pdx should be in like.. any minute.. fedex site says that its in my city, scheduled for delivery today, in transit to location... i saw the friggin fedex truck down my street! that mofo better not have passed me up!!!

sorry, im excited, and its the weekend..

Does any body know if you can adjust the tonearm spring. or maybe have an understanding of how thw spring works?

What spring is that mate?

Jordan - nice one man. How do you like it?

i like it alot... for some reason i can flirp now...

i really like the ultra pitch...as well as the high platter.. feels smoothe..