• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 d00ban

d00ban

Coolest Mom

• Elite Member
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Wait, are people here comparing Scruff to Jazzy Jeff ?

Not really no

#22 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

No they're very different entities...

Firstly, Mr Scruff never tangled with Uncle Phil.

Secondly, Jeff played in Hastings three weeks ago and about a third of his set was classic hip hop and the other two thirds was trap, modern R&B and hip hop and even a bit of semi-mumble rap. A few older heads were grumbling but they overlooked that most of the audience were young and Jeff (ever the professional) read the crowd, knew what was required of him and played them what they knew/wanted. Conversely, when Scruff played the same venue a few years back, he brought all his kit, did the whole night himself and played a set that was full of tracks the dancefloor hadn't heard before.

It's not that anybody's really comparing the two, just stating that Scruff has his strengths that I do personally admire and it's interesting that even when compared to a great like Jeff, his own little niche still stands up for what it is.
  • djdiggla and Dubba Dutchdj like this

#23 djdiggla

djdiggla
  • Elite Member
  • 18,705 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Mr Scruff never tangled with Uncle Phil.

Sig!

• Dubba Dutchdj and DJ Rock Well like this
 Have you considered getting an RME? 

#24 Flexinoodle

Flexinoodle
  • Elite Member
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

Scruff gets huge crowds, Jeff played here in Exeter a few months back to 200 people, in terms of skillsets, one is a DJ in the best sense of the word, the other is Disco Keith and his saturday night "Now music" selection, who would i rather watch, Jeff, who would i rather go to a night of, Scruff, but that really means nothing, I go to download every year, and i fucking despise Metal ;)

That's me in the corner ? I said RME not REM dickhead !!

#25 JHouse

JHouse

DV Tattletale

• Elite Member
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

check out that Jazzy Jeff Boiler Room London mix and see how seemless it feels even though he probably beatmatched about a third of it. The rest were really nice segues featuring well-timed delays, echoes and other effects.

That's prolly my favorite Boiler Room set, plus he's my 2nd favorite DJ right behind MMM. I like various methods of mixing, from slamming to seamless, which both DJs execute pretty well. Variety is usually in order. Jazzy Jeff really has it all down, not to mention super clean. That dude is such a pro. Music selection is tits, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users