GRAND FINAL ROUND 1 VIDEOS: FAKSER Vs. IQ

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which DJ's video do you think is the best?

Here's the 2 videos for round 1 of the grand final! The 2 DJs can set their videos to public on YouTube if they haven't already, and feel free to share these videos wherever you like. Even though there's only 2 videos, I've still created a playlist on YouTube, HERE.

Please feel free to comment on the videos in this thread and to vote for your favourite. Also, remember that the grand final is the best of 3 rounds, so there's at least 1 more round to go yet!

Fakser: -

Vs.

IQ: -

I've watched both videos a bunch of times and it's hard to choose between them.

I think IQ's cuts are more technical, but in a couple of spots it seems a little disjointed. I'd like to have heard him switch samples too. There are parts in his vid that are just mental though. Saying that, there are parts in all of his vids that are mental. :d

I think Fakser's vid really stepped up a gear when he switched to the "pump me up" sample. That scratching sounded fucking awesome and it was super clean too.

If I started practicing scratching again and I put in 8 hours a day for the next 10 years, I wouldn't get to the standard of these guys. Amazing cuts.

I'm gonna vote for IQ, but only just.

Guest petesasqwax

yeah, i've listened to both videos a bunch of times and I think the one I'm listening to at the time is the best one... until I listen to the other. It doesn't feel to me as if IQ was particularly feeling the beat compared with other rounds. of course his cuts are insane, but his flow seemed a little less comfortable than over other beats. Fakser on the other hand didn't seem phased by this or any beat at all, but he generally interacts with them less. His approach is more to let the beat keep time whilst he does his thing over the top. Such a tough one to call, but I ultimately went with IQ (after about half a dozen runs through of each video at least)

I'm looking forward to seeing these when I get somewhere quiet enough. I've managed to post this reply without reading anything else so I'm not swayed. I'm also still naive enough to consider doing one of these sometime- naïveté that will probably disappear as soon as I watch the vids. Props to everyone who entered. I've enjoyed the videos and probably should of commented sooner. props!

Super close, but I went with Fakser because I felt he had a little bit more variety with his technique, plus 1:33 onward might be the best ten seconds of scratching I've seen in the whole comp.

i didnt feel the intro of this beat at all so i felt both were also not really comfortable with it..as it changed it got better ..i always liked wordplay in scratching so Fakser got a extra point for that...i would have liked IQ to have used a couple more sounds but nonetheless his cuts are the illest in this whole competition

both are equally talented with different styles imo, the pump me up routine made me vote for Fakser though

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

1:33 onward might be the best ten seconds of scratching I've seen in the whole comp.

very true - that section is fucking mindblowingly tight

I decided to vote ror Fakser here. Was really hard to choose one. Fakser flow s more colorful and technicaly very well too. IQ 's tears and fast chops are killing btw. really not sure about whos the best here :) need one more extra round obviously :p

Guest Symatic

so close!

really liked both vids, but IQ grabbed this by a bawhair. 1:20 to 1:25 is so sick, really good control man!

fakser wins on record-label-wear though

I think IQ just edged it for me, but like every round so far, the standard's so high and its so close, it almost feels wrong to have to choose.

These days finding a YouTube vid of some dope scratching really isn't too hard, but these DV battle entries right from the very first round have been head and shoulders above he rest for me. What a great battle it's been!.. Roll on the next round.

Wow Fasker killed that beat. IQ came with really clean cuts and patterns but Fasker seemed to have a little more style and flavor on this type of beat which gave his video a flow I enjoyed. Also I think the switching up of samples worked in his favor too and it was enough to get my vote. I can't wait to hear both their cuts over this next beat.

I am still enjoying the two videos ... my vote was for IQ as well as could be for Fasker because both DJs have an amazing skill. I reached a point that inevitably my vote was for the DJ that I identify in style scratch. This beat was not an easy to explore, which consisted a big challenge. In my opinion all the beats were well chosen because they are beyond the normal standard that we are use to scratch. I can not wait to see the next battle.