SEMI-FINALS JUDGING THREAD (judges only please)

This is the same deal as before. If you're a judge, just post your winning picks from the 2 match-ups and leave comments on your choices if you want to.

The judging in this round is still being done by the same 5-man team, so a DJ needs 3 points or more to progress to the grand final rounds.

Points so far: -

Fakser: 4 (Winner!)

CHINMACHINE: 1

IQ: 4 (Winner!)

JesusKut: 1

Awesome cutting from all. Here's my choices -

I chose CHINMACHINE - Both entries had very high level cutting but I preferred Chins choice of techniques and flow over the beat, particularly toward the end.

I chose IQ - Both entries also very high level and demonstrate really great flow and diversity in patterns, but IQs experience and technical ability put him ahead for me.

• Like 1

IQ vs. Jesuskut

I went with IQ. Jesuskut had my favourite round of his of the battle... I thought he slowed down his pace and flowed a bit more this round which I liked a lot. However IQ killed his take with tons of variation and was virtually flawless, so I had to give it to him.

Fakser vs. Chinmachine

I went with Fakser. This one was incredibly tough to judge. I thought the last half of Chin's video was really strong and if his 1st half was on that level he probably would have taken it, but the first half was a bit repetitive and I wasn't feeling the phrasing as much as the latter half. Fakser was really consistent all the way through and I liked how he switched up the samples smoothly, and opted for some nice simple flows as well as complex stuff.

• Like 1

Ed is having problems getting on DV, so he sent me his picks via Facebook: -

http://i.imgur.com/uCzUxbI.jpg

Even though Muzzell is still left to vote, IQ and Fakser have already hit the 3 point mark, so they are both through to the final rounds! Congrats gents!