MP3 playas

TBearOne8III

say Liam.  i read in another post that you have the zen 40 gig.  hows that working for you????  i've read the reviews on them.  it seems great but a few people complained that it freezes up and they have to reset it.

Mine's solid as fuck, and a mate of mine bought it fromt the US for me for £100. Bargain.

I've had no problems or lock ups with mine at all. The standard software is gash, though -I use Red Chair Software's Notmad Manager and everything is gravy.

I've heard of a LOT of people having issues with the Zen headphone jacks. My flatmate Jake has major beef with his, as does his brother AND his sister. All of them went wack within a month, so they got replacements under warranty no sweat. It seems that headphone jack issues are common on the Zen, but either you'll get it within a month or two of buying the thing, or not at all.

BTW, I reckon that regardless of the mp3 player you buy, you should factor in for a pair of Shure E2C's. They're the nuts, sound a lot better than standard earphones and go for a song. I bought them to protect my hearing really -with buses etc. going past all the time, you soon crank the dial to maximum without really realising it. Using the Shure earbuds cuts out most background noise, so I can keep it around 30-50% volume most of the time.

If I had money to spend, I think I'd look at the Zen Sleek. It's the size of a Zen Micro.

if anyone is thinking of being cheeky and getting an mp3 player to use as essentially an external hd for use with Serato the only way to go is a Nano because hd based players are to slow.... just something to consider

also,. ive had a zen touch 20g for the last year and havent had any problems, I picked it because it was rated to have a longer betterey life (at least compared to the ipods of a year ago, i have no idea what the new ones are rated at), and for the software, which i really like (i hate itunes though).

i went up to Best Buy last night. and with the extra info from Liam and Madtapes, i went ahead and got the creative zen 40gig. i dumped everything i had on my computer into it. which was only about 10 albums and a few mixes. im loving this thing already. the first thing i played was a mix that was already cut up into seperate tracks. and yes, the zen plays seamless. no delays inbetween traks. the eq adjustment is nice. and it only took like a minute to get used to the touch pad. so far the only beef i got is the carrying case does not have cut outs for the buttons.