Should everyone stop doing ahh freestyles forever?

Guest Vekked

when you say perceive it correctly do you mean we should hear what you hear because you can try as hard as you want and that will never happen.  Respect is just given on an individual person basis, some people will hate some wont.  You are asking something impossible if I understand your statement i could be wrong

Agreed. It's like "scratching with soul". Doesn't every DJ do that? If you're putting your heart into your work then I'll have respect for it whether I like it or not.

I think what you said was very impressive. My new quote.

Anyway...

The questions on perception:

Lets say I drew a neo cubist sketch. Which I do very often. Well to me its very apparent what it is. I have a subject and I distort. But...When someone else looks at it they may see something totally different. And thats great, half the fun of art. I want to atleast let people have an understanding to try and percieve it the way the artist percieved it.

I am not sure about yall, but when I create a piece of art I create from an image in my mind. Whether it be lyrics, a painting, or a scratch song. I have an idea in my head that I try to reflect with the piece of art. Sometimes it comes out like it was in my head but sometimes it doesnt. But thats what makes it great. Its putting someone in your shoes for a second, and inspireing them. Being a muse.

So...

If i hear a sick scratch freestyle and it inspires me to try and do one of my own. I have an "image" in my head of what the freestyle should sound like. Then i try to create it. Sometimes it takes a "well i was trying to do 3 clickers at the end" to help someone percieve the piece correctly.

Oooops sorry.

What do I know.

has anyone heard "military scratch" on rob swifts new album?

near the end ricci rucker does an ah solo, that man has some serious talent.

also, after toadstyle does a freestyle with some sample im not even quite sure what it says. like "this" or "itch" or something but the shit he does with it is brilliant.

check it out.

http://www.djrobswift.com/music/military.mp3

so uhh yeah. lost train of thought