Final fantasy online

Clownstyle

Guest Deeswift

Kck in the face is about right man. FF should be kept as a single player experience, as it used to be. Online FF? Fuck that! I skipped FF11, even though I'm a total fan of the FF series and it's my number 1 game. Will they ever top FFVII? I'm playing it again on a PSX emulator and it's as good as it ever was.

Will they ever top FFVII?

...or VI???

VI is widely regarded as one of the finest FF's, although it was largely overlooked in the west.

Have you got the ROM? Do you want it (SNES)?

Also: check out Seiken Densetsu. Never got an english language release, but I do have a faithfully translated version.... AFAIK it is the only Square RPG to feature 2-player co-op play. Nice! And no turn-based fighting. Double Nice! And about eight or so endings. Triple nicenesssss all round.

Guest Deeswift

Yeah, I have all the FF's apart from X-2, and 11. I also heard that people really love VI, but I tried it and preferred VII. I should really have given it a better chance though, as I didn't really get deep into it.

I remember you mentioning Seiken Densetsu before. I really should have a look at that.

Yeah, I have all the FF's apart from X-2, and 11.

Fucking hell..... X-2...... hmmmmmmmmm

Now, I quite enjoyed X. Behind the cheesey voice acting and lack of a world map, it had a quite intreguing story and novel battling and level-up systems to learn. So, upon completion, I was quite keen to get my hands on X-2.

Man, was I ever glad that I read some reviews first! Somehow, they found a way to take three female characters, cast them in a dance game, slap in a story and pop soundtrack et voila -RPG for the maturing 'girl power' audience.

No thanks

Guest Deeswift

I know man, I thought X-2 was a straight up embarrassing moment, I won't buy it. Looks to me like they tried to capture a new audience with that game, which is all good, but unfortunately that audience was 12 year-old Spice Girls fans. Sad.

The people who I know that actually played it said it's quite good though! I'm in no hurry to find out.