rane mixer not workin?help!

motiv

wadoop...

jus bought a new rane mixer from decks.co.uk,

it arrives i open the box an it looks likes its already been open,i dont really care about that,but once i set it up it dont seem to work!

it turns on and the levels read on the lights,

but none of the faders work,it wont cut out the sound!

iv tried everything to get it workin?

my decks worked fine with my old mixer so it cant be the cables?

iv tried all the modes and contour settings but the faders dont respond not even the upfaders!

am i doin somthin stupid,i dont think so but when i buy a quality mixer from a well known shop i expect it to work?

does anyone have any ideas what it could be??

btw the mixer feels sik,jus pissed that i cant use it :((

spent about 4 hours trying to get it workin!

im gonna phone decks.co.uk and rane tommorow,so ill keep ya informed,but if nyone knows wasup wit it help me.. thx

pZ..

I've read about this happening somewhere before. I'm sure it was Loop on the Skratch-Alienz forum and I'm also pretty sure it's a setting on the mixer that's not right. I could be wrong though! Sorry - that wasn't much help really was it?

Guest Mike Reezy

check all your knobs

curve control

the mode buttons on the faders

if worse comes to worse, send it to Rane, they will fix it for FREE

I had a similar problm when i bought my vestax; the faders and the eq's didnt work and i could only control the headphone volume levels.

Te reason mine didnt werk was because i didnt have an amp or speakers plugged in at the time.

try slappin an amp n speakers.

sorr if it doesnt wrk stil.

If it is broken, don't be fobbed off with sending it to Rane. Sapphires sold it to you so it's down to them to either replace it or give you your money back. In my experience, their customer service is really good anyway so you shouldn't have a problem with that.

Te reason mine didnt werk was because i didnt have an amp or speakers plugged in at the time.

I can see how that might cause a problem.

my mate can use his mixer's faders and everything fully werking and he doesnt have an amp or speakers, just uses headphones and he's got a budget numark analogue mixer. My mixer's worth 3 imes as much as his and i need speakers to get the x & vol fades on the go.

If it is broken, don't be fobbed off with sending it to Rane. Sapphires sold it to you so it's down to them to either replace it or give you your money back. In my experience, their customer service is really good anyway so you shouldn't have a problem with that.

yeah trusay. As, in effect, Rane has sold those mixers to Sapphires so it's 100% their responsibility to replace it and even if there is some sort of technical fault on Rane's behalf, they shouldn't involve you in the slightest, just get it sorted.

If you bought it over the Internet in the UK, the distance selling regulations cover you for a week anyway so you could get a full refund even if there's nowt wrong with it. It will be OK one way or another!

A couple of people here have Serato, but you're probably best off starting a new thread if you want opinions on it.

Cool. Glad you got it sorted. Sapphires were great when my mixer broke, even though it was my fault. They repaired it for something like £15 which I thought was very reasonable and they were quick about it too.