HELP!

hi i need help , ive got a planet phat sound module link with the usual midi i/o (in, thru and out) and i have a midi keyboard with midi out (no thru or in) also i have a midiman midisport 2x2 midi to usb converter and a laptop running cubase.

i am using 1 midi cable to connect the keyboard to the planet phat (midi out to midi in) and 1 midi cable to connect the planet phat to the laptop (midi thru or out cant remember to midi in)

in all i have 2 midi cables

the problem i am having is that i cannot get cubase to trigger the sounds on the planet phat, the only way i can play the sounds on the planet phat is in real time using the midi keyboard.

do i need a midi out connection from the laptop to the midi in on the planet phat (thats what im guessing)

someone on here must know how to set it up

please help, it took me ages to get all this stuff out of the loft and it will take twice as long to put it all back :(

nice one

andy

Yeah I would think keyboard to midisport, then midisport to module should mean you can record MIDI notes into Cubase which then trigger the module. So exactly as you expected. This is where the dreaded latency could creep in though!

its just set up in my room, i guess i just want to use it live, am i right in thinking that cubase can trigger all the sounds on the planet phat?

to record i would use something like wavelab or cool edit, ive got an akai sampler but im not gonna bother getting it out until ive got this sorted.

the way i want to use it is so that i can open cubase, press record, record the midi notes (sequence :s or whatever) then play them back using the planet phat to play the sounds, all cubase is used for is to record midi sequences which will be small (less then 1 mb) midi sequence files