Newer PSP games to contain "stealth upgrades"

Steve

Not sure how true this is, but I read that if you have a PSP, it's possible to run emulators and play movies and stuff on it. However, if you upgrade the firmware this feature becomes disabled because Sony don't want people to be playing free games on their console. Anyway, newer official games are gonna force the upgrade on your PSP, ending your fun in the process. Twats.

Someone will eventually crack the new firmware its just how they cracked everything else known to man. I am actually considering buying one of them maybe after I get a job and when they drop in price. One of my boys has one and its pretty dope, the screen is super clear and the graphics are great. The controls are placed well, because it basically feels like using a regular sized controller. Anyone on here have one?

I'm not particularly interested in the PSP, I feel handhelds shouldn't just be scaled down consoles, they need unique ideas. I'd get a NintendoDS if I had some money, some of the ideas using the touch screen look really novel and unique.

dj_BR8 on D-Styles forum is where I got the original info from. He says you can run emulators for NES, SNES, Megadrive/Genesis etc., watch movies, play mp3s and also loop them gaplessly with the loop trimming feature to practice scratching. I'm assuming you can plug it into an amp in some way. It all sounds pretty wicked to me.

whaa?! that would be sick having any retro game on handheld!!......thats a bitch with the forced upgade. i heard a rumour that the battery life on a PSP is only something like 3 hours aswel. MP3 player too.....nice

Edited by Funkshun

doesn't the PSP use Universal Media Disks?

whats that all about then

Yeah it does. I believe they've just been called a new standard too. It also connects to a PC via USB and you can use Sony memory sticks. Pretty cool by all accounts. I'd like one if I had the spare cash.

Guest Mike Reezy

yep theyre dope as shit. My little borther has a psp and a ds.

He likes the psp way more, because it got hakked and now you can play emulators and shit on it.

Also the thing thats cool about the psp, is that they tunnelled the wifi player to player shit, so instead of having to be withing a certain distance of another person with a psp, you can use your pcs wifi network to extend your amount of available competitors to a world wide level!

Play anyone in the world with psp and a wifi.

that also means that if Im on wifi, and you connect to me, you get all the players online as well.

Guest Mike Reezy

where is that acid on PSP whoever saw it.

I fuond this shit called elektroplankton.. its a kind of toyish sequencer/beatmaker for the nintendo ds, but the cool thing is you use the touch screen to sequence and trigger the sounds.

You can even record on the mic, and then sample that.

no recording tho, unless you go into some other device

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/electrop...ew_6122938.html