Vestax pdx - Platter Corrosion

No, that's not the cool name of my new crew.

But has this happened to any of you?  It was in storage, under decent conditions, in a house, not damp or in a shed or anything, and it was in a case...

dvfV5zX.png

DR70Vax.png

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Damn, I've never seen anything like that before. I wonder if it has anything to do with the foam/sponge part of the case lid that presses down on it.

Yeah i was thinking that, i have another being stored the same way, but its' a black pdx2300, and i think that's doing ok... *nervously goes to check...

I've never seen that happen either. Out of curiosity did you have a dehumidifier pack or cedar cubes in there? I stick those in my cases. Not sure if it actually helps but worth a try. 

Must be the foam. @Steve Pdx's are still one of the best options (besides ttx's), when it comes to just scratching. Especially when you like to scratch these sped up samples that you scratch at -20%. I have a lot of younger scratch buddies who settled for these new OEMs, which are nice. But they also prefer a pdx over the newer ones when it comes to just scratching. The Stanton Str8-150 are the bomb too and the Reloop 8000s with a straight arm...

• Like 2

blimey.. it hurts to look at that. ive had me pdx 20 years and never had that happen. defo seems like its the foam if that was the only thing making contact with it. Hopefully you can sand it down and maybe repaint it?