Weird music trivia.....

Steve

Maybe you guys all know this already, but I had no idea until yesterday that this song features Chas and Dave on bass and lead guitar: -

2:09 onwards being the sample for Eminem's "My Name Is".

It's just so weird to me that those guys played on that track, cos when I hear their names, I think of shit like this, lol: -

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I knew that they had been session musicians on something good, but wouldn't have remembered which without searching.

Michael Sembello of Maniac fame was a session guitarist on Stevie Wonder's Songs in the key of life.

I'm not sure how big that tune is for any of you, but in Ireland there was an awful dance remix from 2000 cleverly titled "Maniac 2000". It is a ghastly, poorly produced dance remix with live shouting-along by a bad nightclub DJ recorded in a Rugby club. And it is literally demanded by people at every wedding and in every shit club.  You could be murdered if you don't play it.  UK heads might understand if I say that the only other song that comes close to it is Gala - Freed From Desire.

• Like 2

Jeez that sounds miserable. I had to buy Casper Slide and some other shit line dance songs because they were requested so much and people would lose their minds if I didn't have it. Figure this is yalls version of that.

16 hours ago, Steve said:

Maybe you guys all know this already, but I had no idea until yesterday that this song features Chas and Dave on bass and lead guitar: -

2:09 onwards being the sample for Eminem's "My Name Is".

It's just so weird to me that those guys played on that track, cos when I hear their names, I think of shit like this, lol: -

I was aware the Labi Siffre album Remember My Song  features Chas and Dave cause it's got the killer drumbreak from a track called 'The Vulture' . 

That's Ian Wallace ( RIP) on the skins,a shit hot drummer who was a member of King Crimson no less,he's featured on the Islands LP and Earthbound, which is a KC live recording from 1972 .

It's also pretty amazing how many session players don't get credited for records they've appeared on,there's a ton of them,absolutely loads on very famous tracks too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...