Wii collection

Mista_Ed

Thought id share my wii / wii u collection - been building this up over the past few years, its a brilliant system and often overlooked by hardcore gamers - largely cos of the motion controls....Some games however, execute the use of motion controls AMAZINGLY well, and i actually find this one of the most endearing things about the wii in general.

the wii u was nintendos biggest flop - only 180 odd games ever made, so its also a short set to go for, if youre a completist in the sense. 

Ive recently found out that games like mario kart wii CAN in fact be played with wiimote AND nunchuck - so it works in exactly the same way as it would, using a traditional game pad - this is the case for most games as well, so motion controls can be avoided if u really hate them ;) 

ive got most of these for just a couple of quid each - there are some super rare ones in amongst too, but mostly cheap as chips!! 

its grown a fair bit since ive taken these pictures actually, probably another 50 or so to add to this lot.

does anyone else collect physical games here?

image.thumb.jpeg.e498056d462ecec39aa07a586ce59419.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a5f26900b8e2f9464489e930e7e7b760.jpeg

20221201_152153.thumb.jpg.c0802fc0a9b5418a4dae0643a5f78947.jpg20221201_152149.thumb.jpg.86e7e1b9a4ac2e44381d02fa793894b2.jpg20221201_152146.thumb.jpg.23b5988744fdd201f750dba940f3c45c.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.0aacfbd8bd4546a719287fb089232328.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5e20cf53a4d053e449ba0d11919a0d0d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa2ad5d2c44096f5ec472eee696e2c9e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.69aa0ad1e5ca632e5b93517ebfcca194.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.478653c19b84c4b1de5421db35f22df7.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice collection man!

I haven't bought a physical game since the Xbox One came out 10 years ago. I used to sell older systems and games as new systems came out and since every game became available digitally, I just get them that way instead. The only physical games I own now are for the Xbox 360, which I never got around to selling (I still have 2 Xbox 360 consoles that I haven't used for years too). I have maybe 40-50 physical Xbox 360 games, so nothing like your collection, but there's a couple of nice collector's editions amongst them.

• Like 1

i buy physicals when i can.  especially since everybody in my house either has a switch or switch lite.  you cant share downloaded games. Its easier to buy the physical once and share those.  my ps4 games are half physical half digital.  i catch a lot of digital copies on dirt cheap sales.  sometime under $10 for some really good games.  

we picked up a used wii u a few years ago.  i ended up getting breath of the wild on the wii u for like $15 when it was $60 on the switch.  exact same game. The wii u is actually a good console. Ive played plenty of splatoon matches on the wii u.  then the ability to play on the gamepad while everyone else is watching regular tv. that was genius.  i think the wii u was just ahead of its time.  the actual nintendo licensed games are dope. its just the other games that should be left to playstation and xbox.  

• Like 1

YES YES YES! Those are two mega slept on system. Great collection man! Mine is decent but yours tops it. Although I would wager I have more amiibos and skylander figures. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:18 AM, djdiggla said:

YES YES YES! Those are two mega slept on system. Great collection man! Mine is decent but yours tops it. Although I would wager I have more amiibos and skylander figures. 

yeh i have absolutely no amiibos at all.....some of them go for decent coin these days! 

the wii is a funny one - it was SOOO popular back in the day, but seems to have slid out of peoples minds in recent years....its almost certain to be a popular collectors system in the next 10 - 20 years, much like the megadrive is today.....CRAZY CRAZY money for games these days....glad im not starting collecting 16bit shit, these days, sheesh.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:23 AM, TBearOne8III said:

i grabbed a huge bag of skylanders with portals for the wii and xbox 360 a few years ago.  lady sold it to me for like $40. im not sure how many they made but that bag was packed full of skylanders.

nice....yeh ive managed to avoid getting any of those at all somehow, not that im averse to them...but im more considering the space really...ive got a lot of other shit as well, so ive gotta be a bit mindful of that ;)

On 2/28/2023 at 6:18 AM, TBearOne8III said:

i buy physicals when i can.  especially since everybody in my house either has a switch or switch lite.  you cant share downloaded games. Its easier to buy the physical once and share those.  my ps4 games are half physical half digital.  i catch a lot of digital copies on dirt cheap sales.  sometime under $10 for some really good games.  

we picked up a used wii u a few years ago.  i ended up getting breath of the wild on the wii u for like $15 when it was $60 on the switch.  exact same game. The wii u is actually a good console. Ive played plenty of splatoon matches on the wii u.  then the ability to play on the gamepad while everyone else is watching regular tv. that was genius.  i think the wii u was just ahead of its time.  the actual nintendo licensed games are dope. its just the other games that should be left to playstation and xbox.  

the wii u is awesome yeh - and also nintendos biggest flop!! lol

'only' 13 million worldwide sales....compared to the original wii @ 80+ million....pretty big difference!! 

The name was a big part of that fail. The Wii had so many add ons then you put out a new console also with Wii in it... even I was confused. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my modest collection. I don't have boxes for everything tho.

EDIT: Reminder that the eshop closes permanently in 5 days for 3DS and WiiU. Definately getting some 3DS games before then. Need to hook my WiiU up and see how much memory I have. 

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/23-best-wii-u-eshop-games-you-should-get-before-theyre-gone-forever

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/39-best-3ds-eshop-games-you-should-get-before-theyre-gone-forever 

pG6hu1L.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 3:52 AM, Mista_Ed said:

Thought id share my wii / wii u collection - been building this up over the past few years, its a brilliant system and often overlooked by hardcore gamers - largely cos of the motion controls....Some games however, execute the use of motion controls AMAZINGLY well, and i actually find this one of the most endearing things about the wii in general.

the wii u was nintendos biggest flop - only 180 odd games ever made, so its also a short set to go for, if youre a completist in the sense. 

Ive recently found out that games like mario kart wii CAN in fact be played with wiimote AND nunchuck - so it works in exactly the same way as it would, using a traditional game pad - this is the case for most games as well, so motion controls can be avoided if u really hate them ;) 

ive got most of these for just a couple of quid each - there are some super rare ones in amongst too, but mostly cheap as chips!! 

its grown a fair bit since ive taken these pictures actually, probably another 50 or so to add to this lot.

does anyone else collect physical games here?

image.thumb.jpeg.e498056d462ecec39aa07a586ce59419.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a5f26900b8e2f9464489e930e7e7b760.jpeg

20221201_152153.thumb.jpg.c0802fc0a9b5418a4dae0643a5f78947.jpg20221201_152149.thumb.jpg.86e7e1b9a4ac2e44381d02fa793894b2.jpg20221201_152146.thumb.jpg.23b5988744fdd201f750dba940f3c45c.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.0aacfbd8bd4546a719287fb089232328.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5e20cf53a4d053e449ba0d11919a0d0d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa2ad5d2c44096f5ec472eee696e2c9e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.69aa0ad1e5ca632e5b93517ebfcca194.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.478653c19b84c4b1de5421db35f22df7.jpeg

Keep thinking about this thread. That's such a great collection, Ed.

• Like 1

Thought i had posted on here about what game systems I should setup when I revamped my TV room but can't find it so maybe not. Anyways, Had lots of options but went with Atari 7800, SNES, Xbone S and WiiU. Have a Wii and PS4 setup in my office. Leaving the odd men out: PS3, NES, Sega Master System, C64. PS3 I'm sad isn't setup. That's a fun system. NES is dope but can be a pain to get the games to play. 

9 hours ago, djdiggla said:

Thought i had posted on here about what game systems I should setup when I revamped my TV room but can't find it so maybe not. Anyways, Had lots of options but went with Atari 7800, SNES, Xbone S and WiiU. Have a Wii and PS4 setup in my office. Leaving the odd men out: PS3, NES, Sega Master System, C64. PS3 I'm sad isn't setup. That's a fun system. NES is dope but can be a pain to get the games to play. 

nice!!

ive just bought an Analogue super NT actually - ive not set it up yet, but i also have the mega SG and have for years, so it will basically be the same as that - theyre really amazing tbf - if not a little pricey, that said, its probably the last set up ill ever need for playing snes....so its worth it to me :)

they did a final production run of these, which i managed to grab one of :) if youre not aware - heres a link -

https://www.analogue.co/super-nt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, djdiggla said:

That's pretty cool that it has zero emulation. 

yeh - i mean, technically, the system itself is emulated through FPGA, but the software isnt emulated...but its identical to the original. so much so, these are allowed in speed runs and the like.

theyre amazing bits of kit in fairness, especially if youre a hardcore 16bit fan like myself.

• Like 1