Last Gig/Concert you went to....

savwar

Went to Sepultura last night. Good gig, new drummer is very good. Although I'm unfamiliar with anything past 1995.

Went to Behemoth, Arch Enemy & Carcass a few weeks ago. I'm a big fan of Carcass but didn't know anything of the others, except that Jeff Loomis from Arch Enemy is an amazing guitarist, and the other guitarist used to be in Carcass. Carcass were great as always, Arch Enemy put on a great show, Female singer which is novel... but quite a good growler.🙃 

Behemoth are into the corpse paint and a bit too stupidly satany for my liking.

Went to Steve Vai a few weeks before that. Probably the 5th time i've seen him. Not the most exciting gigs, but he is very good obviously.

What have you been at..? any good?

• Like 2

Killing Joke was the last gig I attended on the latest tour. 

I've seen them on many occasions since 1981 and they've never disappointed me once .they always deliver the goods . 

Im going to the Albert Hall show in London next year where they'll be playing the first two albums in their entirety...can't wait for that one ,it should be an absolute barn burner !

Last gig I attended was Thievery Corporation last June.

They alternated between 4 singers, each one coming on stage for their specific track, then returning behind the curtains. The way they took the stage, always in a different outfit/costume, and commanding the crowd with such confidence, was f'ing awesome. The band was incredibly tight, from playing sitar to strings, even while it was raining for a majority of the time.

This concert took place at The Mishawaka, which is like a mini Red Rocks, just outside of Fort Collins in the local mountains. The stage backs right up to a river and mountain, which is especially cool when there are light shows and such. Plus, it's a really intimate/small venue, so you get to see some of your favorite artists up close. Usually Thievery Corp plays much larger venues, but this year they went with the small spots. Fuckin' score! Oh, and that's the night I scored Covid. #killingit

All in all, awesome show and I would definitely see them again.

Below is a shot of the Mish, but for a different show.

21992845_10159589374135455_8356928002698

• Like 1