I did a thing..

Clownstyle

6 hours ago, Deft said:

Really enjoying this (about 6 tracks in)- I'm always up for a bit of synthwave. Really nailed that sound.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

Yeah, this is good shit man!

Thanks guys, really appreciate you checking it out 😄 Glad you like it!

On 3/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, djdiggla said:

Way cool man. You gonna do a physical release?

Never thought of that, although this was a project to actually get something finished as I have too many projects that never go anywhere. It was an experience doing the whole mixing and mastering process - because most of my beats never make it that far.

Working on the next thing now, which hopefully won't take me as long.

Were there any tutorials that stuck out to you in terms of mixing and mastering? My friend is making some dope ass beats, but the M & M is awful. I think if he gets this down, his beats and tracks will be pro.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 8:17 PM, JHouse said:

Were there any tutorials that stuck out to you in terms of mixing and mastering? My friend is making some dope ass beats, but the M & M is awful. I think if he gets this down, his beats and tracks will be pro.

Hey dude, It was very much a case of trial and error but a good friend of mine was learning the same stuff as me which helped massively.

There were so many videos on YouTube I'm finding it hard to pinpoint one particular video, but I'll have a go.

Some of the stuff in this video was really helpful:

Thanks.

Yeah, I've been seeing a gangload of Mixing and Mastering videos on YouTube over the last year, therefore didn't really know where to start. I'll pass this video on to homie and probably check it out myself 'cause I'm interested too.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to come back into this thread and say how awesome this album is! My most listened to album of the year so far, the fact my wife and kids dig it too must surely mean it has some immense crossover potential? Hope you are happy with it @Clownstyle. I've started playing it off Spotify instead of my Bandcamp version to make sure you get the streaming mega bucks.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 9:46 PM, Deft said:

I wanted to come back into this thread and say how awesome this album is! My most listened to album of the year so far, the fact my wife and kids dig it too must surely mean it has some immense crossover potential? Hope you are happy with it @Clownstyle. I've started playing it off Spotify instead of my Bandcamp version to make sure you get the streaming mega bucks.

Dude! Thanks so much, that means a lot to me :)

My Mrs likes it too.. but I think she's rather biased and was pretty much forced to listen to it for the past year while I made tweaks and whatnot 😅

• 6 months later...