What do you think is the most blatant case of a DJ being robbed in a battle?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Klever losing to Plus One in 2001 in the DMC Worlds. I appreciate Plus One’s innovations and technicality in his routine but Klever’s overall structure and flow of his was ace. I think Plus One’s “Still Number One” sticker loop bit is what edged him the win.

• Like 3

^^^agree

For me it will always be Qbert losing to DJ David in the 1991 DMC finals. What are some other examples? Is there one worse than that? It doesn't have to be the DMC - any battle will do.

That's probably the top.

I've also mentioned how I thought Swamp should have placed over DJ Tommy in the US Finals.

Roc Raida (RIP) was a huge idol for me but Noize should have won in 95 hands down.

This is gonna probably get boos but I think P-Trix should have placed 2nd over Tony Vegas in 1999.

I like Crazy B but felt like in 1998 he placed just because it was in Paris. Think the French booed Craze when he won. That was an amazing year and I thought any number of DJs should have placed over Crazy B... Statik, Dexta, Lil Jazz all were better. I even like Akakabe's set better even though the it was kinda dated.

• Like 2

Roc Raida (RIP) was a huge idol for me but Noize should have won in 95 hands down.

Co-sign. Noize's 95 routine is almost perfectly executed (one fuckup). Still glad both won once

• Like 2

I thought Pfel should've won against (i think) I-Emerg? 2004 I think?

05 - It was such a stacked battle. If muzzle nailed his set that night he may have been fighting for that top place too.

Talking about solos ^ I think youre right about 04 supremacy

• Like 1

05 - It was such a stacked battle. If muzzle nailed his set that night he may have been fighting for that top place too.

Ah yeah it's 05 then. Who won 04?

DMC US finals 1997. Slyce had some dope parts in his routine, but Total Eclipse and of course Craze were better IMO. That DMC final had some dope contestants overall

Good call. Yeah Slyce is good but IMO Total should have won. IIRC Craze's needle broke causing some issues. And then that's why is 1998 he came out the gate with the intro that was something like "got dissed last year... so Im kicking ass this year" which was also meta as fuck with it being Lord Finesse hosting.

You know its crazy too because then A-train and Craze would have gone head to head in 97.. who knows if that woulda changed either or their trajectories.

• Like 2

Ah yeah it's 05 then. Who won 04?

Merg won solos 04 and 05 :) but he also competed in supremacy in 04 and Akakabe won that - i think he battled pfel head to head in supremacy 04 and won , so you might be correct and i got confused

DMC US finals 1997. Slyce had some dope parts in his routine, but Total Eclipse and of course Craze were better IMO. That DMC final had some dope contestants overall

Good call. Yeah Slyce is good but IMO Total should have won. IIRC Craze's needle broke causing some issues. And then that's why is 1998 he came out the gate with the intro that was something like "got dissed last year... so Im kicking ass this year" which was also meta as fuck with it being Lord Finesse hosting.

I always that about the whole Craze intro to that routine - all Lord Finesse vocal snippets with the man standing right next to him.

• 2 weeks later...

I always that about the whole Craze intro to that routine - all Lord Finesse vocal snippets with the man standing right next to him.

I think it was in the X-Men vs ISP battle when the X-Men were using one the Jane-tracks of EPMD and when the line comes "and if the beats is fresh Diamond J will spin it" the actual Diamond J is behind the wheels in action. That was super-dope too to me...

• Like 1

I think it was in the X-Men vs ISP battle when the X-Men were using one the Jane-tracks of EPMD and when the line comes "and if the beats is fresh Diamond J will spin it" the actual Diamond J is behind the wheels in action. That was super-dope too to me...

Ha! I never caught on to that.

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2020 at 10:10 AM, djdiggla said:

This is gonna probably get boos but I think P-Trix should have placed 2nd over Tony Vegas in 1999.

No boos here.  I’ll go a step further and say I would have rated him over Craze that year too.  Enjoyed the hell out of Craze, but P was just the dude at that point in time.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, arkei said:

Co-sign. Noize's 95 routine is almost perfectly executed (one fuckup). Still glad both won once

What’s funny is that I think Noize should have won the year Raida took it, and I liked Raida better on the year when Noize won lol.  In any case: both dope af legends with a DMC world chip to their names.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Steve said:

😂

despite the barrage / torrent of abuse he got on his webpage from all over the globe, I had the pleasure of being singled out by good old George Smooth and blocked from interacting on his Facebook page lol

one of his family members had commented how "they were really proud of him" ….and all I said was,  "you really shouldn't be."

guess it must have hit a nerve? 

• Haha 3

On 3/1/2022 at 5:33 AM, Mista_Ed said:

despite the barrage / torrent of abuse he got on his webpage from all over the globe, I had the pleasure of being singled out by good old George Smooth and blocked from interacting on his Facebook page lol

one of his family members had commented how "they were really proud of him" ….and all I said was,  "you really shouldn't be."

guess it must have hit a nerve? 

Woah.. I just went down a whole rabbit hole and watched the full set which is actually still up on his Facebook page (along with all the comments I had fun reading)

I must have missed this at the time not being around scratching / competitions the whole serato / modern era has passed me by 😅

@Steve that YouTube clip you posted is one of the worst bits. So robotic.

I actually don't know what's worse. The fact he faked the performance or the terrible tunes / stage show.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1