Isla sp2400 may be ready for mas production

Few friends of me have them, no complains

Some extra midi implementation which gives you more freedom to control the 808 from what i heard...........but of course purists will argue about the sound whether its like the original or not

That SP2400 looks tempting

I started on Emu with an Emax, great sounding machines and superb filters, it's limitations made you creative but i totally abandoned these old machines

Although i still prefer to work OTB, old machines dont necessary create a good workflow and besides that they need maintainance, broken backlights, floppy drive or hardrive failures etc etc

But for sure i'm curious about the SP24

I told myself to not buy anymore gear this year...but looks interesting.

Has anybody copped one of these 808-Behringer-Clones?

I've been VERY close to popping on the 808 clone a few times. I keep telling myself to wait until they get some of the kinks ironed out. I don't know if I'll hold out though. I like drum machines.

I'm also pretty interested in the SP2400. I think I'm going to wait to see how it goes. Every once in while I even think about buying an original SP1200. The thing is I've never even had enough to time to fully break in my MPC2000xl. The other thing is that, while the sonics you can get from these samplers are dope and they definitely shape the sound of your music, it's still mostly about the samples you're using. All of the nitpicks about the exact right tone of the sound and whatnot annoy me. I think people are too caught up on that type of shit.

The tone can be replicated with an EQ and Distortion and sampling resampling at the right speed/bit/SR, this is a fact, anybody who says any different is a cock nozzle hahaha.

It is all about nostalgia and trying to recreate a specific working moment in time with these devices, if it works for you thats great, but it has fuck all to do with tone or sound.