Killa Kela Tony Vegas interview

jeljms

REAAAAALLLLYYY looking forward to watching this.

I remember when i started getting interested in scratching asking a chap at school who was a hiphop head, and he told me about the scratch perverts, and found the BBoys revenge CD when we were on a school tour. and my life changed. That Rockin it Intro!

...then we shall discuss Kela's fashion choices over the last few years. Hipster S Thompson.

• Like 1

Great interview. Respect to Tony for reflecting and being open about shit. Remember when the big crew split but had no idea there's still beef.

Favourite pervert? Mine's Mr Thing...

How he described the split of the crew is exactly the way it came across at the time, like Tony and Prime Cuts had gone a bit up their own arses with their success.

Sounds like some of the recent years have been humbling for him and have allowed a bit of perspective on his behaviour back then.

I'm glad he said that stuff.

• Like 1

I'm glad he said that stuff.

Yeah definitely. Nothing like time passing and getting old(er) to give you perspective on your behaviour. He gave me a flyer once in Mr Bongos or one of those shops back in the early 00s and seemed like a cocky fella then. Im not surprised though, fame, even in a relatively small scene must fuck with your head, and add booze and whatever else into the mix and bingo.

The geek in me would love to see a bigger perverts crew reunion show though.

• Like 2

Thanks for turning me onto this podcast, as well as Killa Kela in general. Just watched the Craze one too and it was comfortably dope.

second this, now on to the Tony Prince one!

Interesting interview, fair play to Tony (Prince..) never actually knew that he started mixmag.

....or that he was responsible for the fall of communism ;)

Thanks for turning me onto this podcast, as well as Killa Kela in general. Just watched the Craze one too and it was comfortably dope.

second this, now on to the Tony Prince one!

Interesting interview, fair play to Tony (Prince..) never actually knew that he started mixmag.

....or that he was responsible for the fall of communism ;)

Have you listened to Tony on the Trailblazers podcast? That's good too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...