Major issue with Firefox - all extensions disabled

Steve

A few minutes ago I was browsing Reddit, then I switched over to YouTube. When the page loaded, there was a message in yellow at the top of the screen telling me that some of my extensions are no longer compatible with the browser, so they've been disabled. This is not true, yet ALL of my extensions have been marked as legacy extensions and disabled: -

p1YmgtL.jpg

There are tons of people posting about this on Reddit, so it seems like it's possibly a widespread issue. Hopefully Mozilla can fix this soon.

This is still ongoing now.

A while ago Mozilla announced that all add-ons used in Firefox would need to be signed for security purposes. It seems that one of the certificates used for this expired at the end of May 3rd, leading to almost all add-ons appearing to be unsigned, which causes the browser to disable them.

A pretty serious fuck up on their part!

firefox is buggy as fuck for me. They seem to have gotten shitter as times gone by. Youtube doesn't work properly when I use it - When I sign into paypal using it I can't transfer as the page goes blank - cant stream with OBS on facebook with it - and it freezes on occasion

Have you tried starting it with add-ons disabled? Have you tried making a new profile and seeing how it runs?

The only time I've had major issues (apart from the shit this thread is about) is when my install was bloated as fuck from installing/uninstalling loads of add-ons.