Have Hanpin discontinued their high end "Super OEM" turntables?

Steve

If you look on their site, the direct drive decks that they list are all kinda wanky: -

http://www.hanpin.com.tw/4_Products_02.html

The page for the DJ-5500, which is the model used by a bunch of high end decks, has been removed: -

http://www.hanpin.com.tw/Products/02_DJ-5500.html

Maybe they're just updating their site or something. Anyone know anything?

Had to happen at some point, decks dont generate enough sales or they wouldnt all be based on one design, I suspect tgis just means they wont take any new licensers for the SOEM, but then I doubt that there would ever be any new anyway, anybody likely to licence it already does.

DJ turntables are on their last legs anyway unfortunately.

Wait, you don't know about Hipsters and Vinyl ?

I live in a shit hole that has no Vinyl shops, the town across the way is Hipster paradise, they have a Vinyl shop that stocks represses of shite, and it all costs £45+ for a single vinyl, I'm not kidding, those little bitch monkeys bu all those garbage turntables, sit them next to their garbage vinyl collection, then sit in the corner wanking like a chimp.

Hope theyre redesigning the top-spec model. Just bought a Reloop 7000mk2, and returned it the same day. Horrible HW bug with the motor and seriously not an upgrade to my 10-yo Kam branded Hanpins. The construction and isolation is just as bad, or maybe even worse (plastic).

Gah I am (was?) seriously considering getting a Reloop RP-8000 Mk2

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:09 PM, Motek said:

Gah I am (was?) seriously considering getting a Reloop RP-8000 Mk2

I know this answer may be a little bit late, but as far as I know, that issue was solved in the RP-8000 Mk2. European scratch DJ's (who love to scratch with the pitch under 25-30%) don't find the same HW bug as in all the previous RP-7000 and RP-8000 units. The RP-8000 Mk2 has platter play: if it has that bug, it's a joke (would sound out of tune in the demos)

• Like 1