Was James Brown murdered?

Steve

Some people seem to think so: -

She says James Brown raped her. She also says someone murdered him. And others share Jacque Hollander's suspicions. Twelve years after Brown's death, nearly a dozen people who knew him are calling for an autopsy or a criminal investigation.

There's an extensive report on this here: -

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02/us/james-brown-death-questions/

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Though the thread title is much more succinct, it's a shame you didn't call it something like "poppa's got a brand new murder" or "murdered in America" or "manslaughters big rip off"

• Like 5

After just watching that Tiffany stalker documentary it's virtually impossible to take this even slightly seriously. People are fucking delusional.

Though the thread title is much more succinct, it's a shame you didn't call it something like "poppa's got a brand new murder" or "murdered in America" or "manslaughters big rip off"

(I Can't) Get Up! I Feel Like Being A Death Machine

Papas Got A Brand New Bodybag

It's A Morgue's World

Say It Loud, I'm Dead & I'm Proud

Papa Don't Take No Murder

Cold Slab

I Can't Stand Myself When You Kill Me

I Stay In the Chapel (Of Rest) Every Night

Sho' Is Freezing Down Here

Ain't That A Grave (part 1)

Get On The Dead Foot

Unliving In America

• Like 3

Guest Symatic

damn its actually a really interesting article. crazy shit going down. i don't like trial by media but it totally sounds like some more official investigation should be done.

Yep, I'm still ploughing through these articles and I'd like to re-read them too, but already I'm sure a good percentage of this is true. Most of Brown's indiscretions over the years have been confirmed time and time again by many different unrelated parties. And it's not really news that famous people do bad stuff and it gets 'handled' nor is an aging talent that gets exploited by 'their team'. I don't doubt Hollander was raped TBH, but if you just had her evidence and theories alone after that I'd be happy to believe she'd been mentally broken by the experience and got obsessed. But with so many different unconnected people unknowingly providing corrborating evidence, it gets much more interesting. As for James' death, thats a lot of different people with some very good questions.