Recommended tutorials on Hip Hop production/engineering

Wax On

i havent really checked for production tutorials. I happened upon this guy's channel for recording and home studios. I havent looked at all the videos but he does give some good tips on eq'ing and recording in pro tools. he doesnt speak on recording and engineering hip hop but the info is still useful. heres the link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjRzsiP_aDWWLHV4-2LKBtg

You don't need much to produce hip hop beats, a couple of ears help...but that didn't stop Beathoven.

I'd recommend learning your way round a sampler though, and some knowledge of keyboards I consider essential.

When I get stuck I might follow an ableton tutorial to inspire some ideas and get me back into using the computer.

Barry Beat's latest video is interesting..

..as he demonstrates the incredible power of groove extraction. By using advanced techniques such as these the possibilities for creating sample based music is truly mind blowing, but don't be fooled by how easy it looks. To get lost in the method and forget about the music can be a source of great frustration, work hard to develop your skills and if you Love music you will do well!

• Like 1