Unsound Experiments - podcast

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

some real dope stuff from legendary graff head and beat collector Aroe - this episode deals with one of my favourite subjects... soviet breaks

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Here's some more random narrative info to jazz up my dry, functional answer from above:

Aroe used to come over to the studo in Thanet that assembly worker Matt ran and Ed used to know him quite well. He used to do loads of graf round here, too, the council even got him to do some and he does that in Brighton in areas with loads of shit graf, does nice pieces over them.

I think he was mates with a graf dude named Toze over here me and Ed know/knew, but might be wrong on that. All of first down used to come over to Kent cos there's good train depots here, such as in my town. I remember in a First Down interview in HHC them saying about being as some graf festival at Folkestone train station in like 93/4 where loads of graf dudes from all over came over and bombed loads of trains (not in the explosive way :d).

Anyway Ed has a copy of First Down's unreleased second album that he wouldn't/won't do me. Also he said they were really unhappy with their first album, but i thought that was really great. Err, this time stamps when he was around, but also he said that MF Doom was rubbish and the production was wack, but i think he was winding Ed up.

Ooooh, he used to, and may still have, a fucking awesome collection of obscure New York mid-80s hip hop, sort of 83-87 period he got from NY and some premier league footy player offered him £100k for it on ebay. Dunno whether he sold it though, i woulda.

He also had this sick UK hip hop tune with the instrumental that had the Jaws sample on it which was sick to cut to. If anyone's got that, do us pls.

There's some Aroe facts.

THis was sick btw, Sy, i had a cut over it.

Thanks for thanking my nuggets!

I've got the mix that has the jaws tune on it but he mixes it v. quickly in with Blade, but I felt compelled to upload what of the track i have got to show the jawscore sharkstep banger, imagine the lords cutting to this (feat. me and Ed cos it's ours dammit :d)

There's another interesting fact i'll tell you in Ghoulway, Sy if you remind me, but it cannot be relayed here. Oooooh.

Nice. Me and Ed of got some dope old mixes of his too, like the one that tracks off.

I have to put in an Ed based addendum, it's actually Assembly Worker Matt that has First Down's second unreleased album not Tedward. Also i should in fairness add that him not doing me the jaws thing was part of a small tit for tat not doing each other stuff stand off we had that i think was started by me so i shot myself in the face/foot there, lolzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Anyway Aroe is a boss