Rme...

Bored much ?

Inspired by chat in other thread. I’m considering export them into gearslutz due I think we aren’t alone in the RME love.

I loved my hammerfall+adat interface 15 years ago and I still have great memories about collecting catalogs from the biggest store in my area reading everything about the different RME families (hammerfall, pcmcia...) and visiting friends with macs and motu etc.

In fact I found funny the meme build around that topic but understood your passion very deeply... good old memories <3

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

Its a in joke that we've now battered to death a bit.... flexi suggested a very high end audio interface in another thread where diggla wanted an entry-level / intermediate level interface. I guess flexi is a "go big or go home" kinda dude.

But yeah we've probably ridden it hard enough now (myself included) #loveyouflexi #staypro #RMEareactuallydope

• Like 2

I'm sure that Flex is big enough to not be offended in the slightest and take it as a joke.

Flexi is obviously a very knowledgeable dude when it comes to music production..i'll be the first to raise my hand and admit that sometimes I can only understand around 1 word in 10 when it comes to the technical side of things Flex or Mutis for example often talk about but that's my fault for being a luddite,not theirs.

Oh and let's not forget that Mr Noodles also highly praises equipment like the Yamaha DJX.

Hardly snob material I would have thought.

And yeah those RME's look dope as fuck..I just wish I had the funds for one.

• Like 1

What's all this about RME?

Sig worthy...BrYhqr4.gif

we've probably ridden it hard enough now

I think you've accidentally signed in here instead of somewhere else Sy..this is DV we're talking about !

No offence taken here :)

It's actually the complete opposite to snobbery to be honest, when somebody asks what interface shall i get, i only recommend RME no matter the price, heres why...

So how do i get my lower priced interface to do XYZ = it can't.

So why is the latency so high on my lower priced interface = Because you bought a lower cost interface.

I think i need a mic pre to go with my lower priced interface because i just bought xyz mic = yes you do.

Oh for fuck sake, they dont support my interface anymore because they released a mkII.

Ok i give up, im going to move up a price bracket with a new interface.

Repeat this whole scenario four or five times.

Fuck this i should have just bought the RME.

Buying it from the get go in general saves you a fuck ton of money and headaches, And trust me, it is a very strange warm feeling in your gut when the interface you bought to run on a Windows 2000 machine gets an update to work with Win 10 and is still the lowest latency interface available.

RME are the bag for life vs that piece of shit that rips your fingers to fuck and splits just as you get to the car.

• Like 2

There are very few pieces in my studio that I swear by: my 2kxl, my mk2s & my RME. Everything else is on debate.

When people ask me what audio interface they should get, I always go by this rule, no matter what:

1. You own a PC/Win machine=RME

2. You own a Mac/OSX machine= Apogee

• Like 2

Apogee use core audio, so their interfaces are not as robust as RME on OSX, nice converters, but unless you are a new born baby with all your frequencies still, you couldnt tell the difference, but you will tell the difference when Apple changes its core audio driver and kills your interface (yep that has happened to Apogee haha firewire anyone lol)

There is a reason RME make their own drivers for everything, never trust Apple, never trust Microsoft.

@jam burglar, trust me you will save money in the long run, even if you want to sell on, they have a higher value retention than any other interface because of the driver support.

I rrally wish i could get back the 1000s i spent on interfaces before i bought an RME, and i was early on to them, i had already spent 1000s on ISA interfaces lol.

• Like 1

Word up. I kind of just fuck around with production for lack of a better word but I'm getting to the point where I need multi-channel recording. Ideally, I'd like to be able to run separate tracks out of the MPC, etc and record everything at the same time. So expensive though.

I dont agree with a lot of what flexiboodle has said in other topics, but Id echo exactly the sentiment that getting an rme card is the ultimate buy good buy once purchase in audio. I have a fireface ucx and its perfect. Everything is direct through, latency is so low I can software monitor audio through plugins flawlessly - ie the uad advantage is moot because I can run a synth or mic through a softube or uhe or any other high quality plugin without any audible latency, I can set up any configuration of software passthroughs, and I have absolute confidence in an adat expansion giving me equal performance too.

Ive got no intention of doing a meme though. Im not a woman.

• Like 1

When I first started doing multi-track recording with Audition/Cool Edit Pro (big up to Peter Quistgard), I was using a PC with a Pentium III processor that ran at 800 MHz. Shit had an on-board sound card in it, but in terms of latency for recording it was awesome.

When I built a new PC, I tried 3 or 4 different mid-range sound cards in the £150 to £250 range and they were all disappointing for one reason or another. That's why I ended up coughing up 500 notes for the RME, which has been great and despite my particular card originally being released in 2009, it's still being supported now.

Only gripe I've had with mine is that one of the little doors/flaps that covers one of the optical ports broke off, although that's a fairly common problem with that particular design in general.

This post was brought to you by the hamper of fine wines and cheeses that RME sent to me.

• Like 6