Mixfader, portable and wireless crossfader

Hi guys, I wanted to start a topic about Mixfader, which is a new portable wireless crossfader.

I have seen their Kickstarter campaign and now I really hesitate to order it.

I would like to use it for portable scratching, with my Ipad or with a portable turntable if it works fine.

I don’t know if some of you have already tested this product, and if it’s really good or not. From what I can gather online, there is almost no latency and the cross apparently cut very well, but in a other hand scratching with an Ipad seems pretty difficult and weird.

Here is some specs below that I found on the website here: http://www.themixfader.com/

• Finishing: silver aluminium

• Size: 3,6x1,3x1,4 inches; 9,2x3,2x3,6 cm

• Weight: 85g; 2,99 oz; 0,19 lbs

• Wireless: Bluetooth® 4.0

• Power and battery: integrated battery, energy-saving, DJ set up to 10 hours, fast charge in about 25 min

• The dedicated application: works with all iOS and Android smartphones & tablets, downloadable from the App Store and Google Play Store

And a link for one of their introducing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_Z8gfoXxg

And an other video which shows the Mixfader with Timecode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VsArk8mh0

Hope I will get some feedbacks !

Guest rasteri

It looks like they've done some really fantastic engineering. I'm not as cynical about this as I typically would be.

• Like 1

Backed it literally this time last year, finally arrived a couple of days ago and yeah, very very impressed.

I've yet to try it on my portable as I need to re mod the rasteri nano board to make it DVS friendly. As I've already got a far superior proX installed (thanks to clever clogs above) I'll probably map it to a line fader or something.

Mixfader kindly sent me a beta of there OS X app which enables you to pair the fader to you Mac (both windows and OS X companion apps are yet to be released) Currently I've got the mixfader mapped to Traktors internal xfade and yeah it's fucking dope.

I had a little play with the iOS app, looking forward to getting the DVS up and running, I really like the idea of jus having a USB turntable plugged in to your phone and your set, DVS, post fade fx etc...

Touch screen scratching on the other hand is as cunty as expected (yet also a tiny bit moorish)

Video inbound :)

• Like 3

I was pretty interested in their kickstarter but generally don't like having to recharge stuff... there was another thing I wasn't clear on but now I can't remember what it was. I'm also pretty average on the cut so passed on it. Kinda wish I hadn't tho. Can't wait to see Dub's vid.

How do you connect the technics to mixfader?

It's about how you connect a turntable to a soundcard/interface and then to your phone or computer, the mixfader jus Bluetooth connects to your computer or phone.

For a technic you'd have to hook it up to a DVS interface, and then for instance on a iPhone you'd use camera connection kit to connect a USB device to a iPhone.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback guys, I finally purchase the Mixfader yesterday, I've seen some videos made by users on Instagram that have convinced me, hope I will get it soon!

I also saw on the last post posted on the official Mixfader Facebook page that they are currently working with real vinyle compatibility between a Vestax Handy Trax and their app so I'm going to be very interested by this. I hope they will upload a demo soon.

How do you connect the technics to mixfader?

It's about how you connect a turntable to a soundcard/interface and then to your phone or computer, the mixfader jus Bluetooth connects to your computer or phone.

For a technic you'd have to hook it up to a DVS interface, and then for instance on a iPhone you'd use camera connection kit to connect a USB device to a iPhone.

This is my issue with the Mixfader. It only has a bluetooth connection. If they added physical connections then it would put it side by side with the Raiden/JDX/Trigga/Frisk. To use it with vinyl and portable TT's you have to get various connections to link with an iPad/Mac. Though the connections on the current portable faders can be a little cumbersome you're not locked into one platform.

I liked the idea last year and the demo/promo vids were 'cool' but overall I'm still not impressed.

The Raiden with the innofader is what I'm really looking forward too.

The above comment of mine you quoted was to enable a 1210 to connect a iOS DVS scenario, a raiden fader in that setup would actually require more cables.

if you have a USB turntable then its literally two cables.

Turntable to iPhone to speaker

I like the versatility of the mixfader, none of its competitors comes close it in that sense. But ultimately the Rasteri nano board wins all, no Velcro, no messy cables, no set up = good times :)

• Like 1

The above comment of mine you quoted was to enable a 1210 to connect a iOS DVS scenario, a raiden fader in that setup would actually require more cables.

if you have a USB turntable then its literally two cables.

Turntable to iPhone to speaker

I like the versatility of the mixfader, none of its competitors comes close it in that sense. But ultimately the Rasteri nano board wins all, no Velcro, no messy cables, no set up = good times :)

yeah i know it's 2 cables, but the cable from an iOS device isn't a run of the mill cable. I get it, it's a cool new idea. I personally feel it lacks in the just basic functions when you're tied to a device. Don't quote me but it looks to be an iOS thing only at this time. I feel that sticking to just bluetooth capabilities hinders it from being used in more basic situations. It's nice and I'm pretty sure it feels solid for a portable fader.

And yes, Rasteri is the kang with this portable modding stuff.

Acts_One on 12 May 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

Don't quote me but it looks to be an iOS thing only at this time. I feel that sticking to just bluetooth capabilities hinders it from being used in more basic situations. It's nice and I'm pretty sure it feels solid for a portable fader.

I hope it's not the case cause I also would like to use it with my Samsung...

And I just saw the Mixfader demo of Dubba Dutch on Youtube it looks like really awesome, well done man !

Just one more question for Dubba , did you have trouble to map the Mixfader with Tracktor when the midi was synchronized ?